LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Frame loop

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Frame loop

Postby gizmo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Anybody use one of the grp frame loops on a Gp. Easy to fit etc
gizmo

Re: Frame loop

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:23 pm

I haven't but considered it for a cutdown frame that I have. You'll understand why I decided against that in my case as the frame is TV200.

However, having met Chris & procured other products, if I were to re-loop, say, an Indian GP, I would not hesitate to obtain a firm price to compare with current OEM steel alternatives. As for legshields, Chris manufactures his skinned on both sides & it would be hard to find steel items as good, so it's very likely I might buy a set for one of my Italian GP's & save the NOS set I have!

I haven't answered your question, but I hope my opinion may help & suggest you ask Chris for his knowledge of how the job best be tackled:

http://www.grpscooterparts.co.uk/parts-list.php
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: Frame loop

Postby gizmo » Tue May 11, 2021 5:17 pm

All replies and opinions more than welcome. I looked at sourcing a remade item but don't seem to be available anymore and finding a decent original is virtually impossible now. Yes I see your point with your frame but this is just a lowly Indian Gp :D
gizmo

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3