LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Clutch slip..... Oh no its not...

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Clutch slip..... Oh no its not...

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:48 pm

Recently rebuilt my clutch, same spec as before as many miles of good service.... Surflex B 4 plate with AF GT springs.

I'd put a Fresco pipe on for a change and first real trip out was getting what felt a bit like clutch slip at about 6k rev,... Blamed the Fresco so went back to taffy copy, which I'd done loads of miles on... Same thing, couldn't understand why, so instead of a ride out.... It was overalls on and dived in....

Oil looked okay, stripped clutch and it was brand new, springs okay etc as it done very limited miles.

So had a look at front sprocket and sliding dog.... Both worn noticeably on their mating surfaces without even comparing to new.

Fortunately spares in stock and rebuilt, by the time I was finished could nt be arsed to test ride, will do that tomorrow

No sign of it on last ride out before I redid the clutch which was only done as I swapped gearbox.

Hopefully sorted.

Was too nice a day to be in the garage.....
gaz_powell

Re: Clutch slip..... Oh no its not...

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:14 pm

Everyone loves too tinker :D
I’ve just replaced my clutch setup, was dragging ever so slightly so out came the old six plater and in went slimmer 6 plater :D
ULC Soulagent

Re: Clutch slip..... Oh no its not...

Postby gaz_powell » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Hopefully I'm sorted, got a Readspeed 5 plate that sits in a standard set up, if I need more.

Haven't been out on bike, decided to the beach and enjoy the sun i missed yesterday.

Test ride next weekend...
gaz_powell

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3