LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Chrome ring model

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Chrome ring model

Postby Specialcase » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi all
A mate of mine is buying a series 3 and it is a chrome ring model but the outside of the ring has been removed to fit a non-chrome ring headset, I.e. you can’t see the ring now.
What bits would he need to put a new ring on as the headsets are different (lock positions). Would it be just the lower head set or does it go onto the upper part - maybe even horn-cover?
Anyone help?
Spl
Specialcase

Re: Chrome ring model

Postby Danbretta » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:42 pm

You would need to replace the lower and upper headset parts. As far as I'm aware the chrome ring and non chrome ring parts dont match together well. Even getting chrome ring headset parts to match is hit and miss unless the set is an original pairing. I've gone through a handful or each until I managed to make a good pairing set. It's all in the part numbers and the oval and rectangular logos inside that give you half a chance of matching a pair. (That is getting a nice fit around the edge of the headset top).
Danbretta

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3