LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Con-Fused

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Con-Fused

Postby Bilko » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Finally got the lights, brake light, horn, working last night but when I switched from high beam to dip or the other way round it would blow the fuse.

Today it now blows the fuse if I try to switch on the lights via ignition switch. Although the speedo, horn, brake light will work (until I turn the ignition switch)

I’ve looked over the connections and everything seems insulated correctly.

Any ideas?
Bilko

Re: Con-Fused

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:54 pm

Rectifier/regulator not functioning or shorted through? Or has it been inadvertently not earthed (or wired in parallel via another link)?

If fuses are correctly rated to do their job in blowing, then the electrical power generated is uncontrolled if not regulated.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Bilko » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:09 am

Thanks WT.

With help I found one of the problems. One of the two screws in the light switch housing had pinched the wiring.
Bilko

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:08 pm

That's likely your only problem.....with the Lambretta , obviously :lol: :lol: We've all seen your on board video :shock:

Momentary short to Earth on operating the switch got worse & worser....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3