LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

BGM V4 Sport exhaust

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

BGM V4 Sport exhaust

Postby Revvers » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Hello all. I’ve just bought the above exhaust. My engine casing is from 1962 and doesn’t have the screw hole on the bottom. I’ve watched videos and read that because of the muffler position, it needs to be attached to the bottom fixing that I don’t have! Will I get away with it, or is it too risky?? Thanks
Revvers

Re: BGM V4 Sport exhaust

Postby hullygully » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:30 am

I've got one bud on my '63 TV175 casing & it aint a prob 8-)
hullygully

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:10 pm

With respect, the question you ask needs analysing :roll:

Innocenti added the M8 hole on the underside of the block as a means of stopping exhausts falling off in the early 60's. In my experience, any solid mounted exhaust (no means of allowing the exhaust to resonate, as is ideal :!: ) needs all the help it can get.

You might get away with it, but, if it does fail, don't expect any sympathy from the manufacturer. You will have voided any warranty.

For the work entailed, draining the fuel & laying the bike down on some cushions/soft furnishings etc, drilling & tapping an M8 hole is relatively simple & achieves peace of mind - to an extent......

Personally, I would even tab washer/lock wire the head of any fastener in place & suspect many other seasoned Lambretta owners would do the same.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Revvers » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:43 pm

I’ve decided to send it back. I’ve had no issues with clubman exhausts and I’ve had my old girl for 20 years. I’m not technically proficient to mess around with casings so I’ve decided to stick with my clubman. Thank you guys
Revvers

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3