LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 1 light switch repair

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 1 light switch repair

Postby Topgearskin » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:27 am

Anyone pulled one of these apart. My new to me 58 series 1 has a broken yellow wire, or a dodgy connection at the switch end. I haven't pulled it our yet but would appreciate some tips or pointers. I'd like to keep the original switch rather than just hoy it away and replace
Topgearskin

Re: Series 1 light switch repair

Postby missing lynx » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Open it in a clear bag as there is a small ball and springs that are easily lost. They are quite basic so once you've got the cover of take a pic for reference then it's probably just a strip clean and re-assemble job and also making sure the solders on the wires are still intact. Now I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but if you do need to re-solder use plenty of flux and load the wire and soldering iron with solder don't just put the wire in the hole and try to melt solder over them.
missing lynx

Postby Topgearskin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:41 am

Thank you. In terms of getting it apart, is it just a case of pulling it apart?
Topgearskin

Postby missing lynx » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:48 pm

It could either have a cir-clip in the middle of the back to remove or a screw in the middle of the switch, remove that and then prize the case away from the base
missing lynx

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3