LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Seen this

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Seen this

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:26 pm

duncan1958 wrote:Looking through the photos of the advert I noticed what looks like a standard h/t coil and the lack of spark plug cap.
Don't modern electronic ignition systems require a CDI unit and a spark plug cap?

I had presumed that the CDI had been concealed within the OEM looking coil. As the head is central plug, I'm not sure that the plug cap can be seen.

The carburettor has a choke as most other carburettors use, which is different to the earlier concentric body that utilises a slide within the slide. That fact is sort of stated in the sales waffle. In all the years that I used concentric Mk I's, the tickler was the preference for cold starting, even though I had the slide type choke available, I can't recall ever trying it. I still have a couple of Mk I's & the UK Dealer cast manifolds, though I think they would only be of use to an anorak doing a nut & bolt UK Dealer replica/rebuild. I wonder if that may become a trend :?: in which case the half dozen VHB's might become more desirable. As I've said before, the VHB can be converted to utilise later Dell'Orto atomisers & needles making it a more two stroke specific carburettor, better (IMHO) than the PH... :P
Warkton Tornado No.1

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3