LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Oiltek remote master cylinder.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Oiltek remote master cylinder.

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:22 pm

I know this is out of stock at the moment but if anyone has any feedback on the pros and cons of this set up, I’d like to hear it please :)

https://www.oiltek.co.uk/detail.asp?id=238
Storkfoot

Re: Oiltek remote master cylinder.

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:56 pm

They are not very speed bump friendly.
Fast n Furious

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:04 am

Fast n Furious wrote:They are not very speed bump friendly.

F&F, is that from experience?

I can see that any substantial damage down there could have dire consequences which is partially why I ask the question. But, it is closer to the front wheel than the exhausts I have cracked on curbs and alike so I am thinking that you would have to be really unlucky to catch it.

In terms of setting the system up and bleeding it, I am also thinking that you’d possibly need to do that before fixing the bracket to the front strut :idea: :?:
Storkfoot

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:57 pm

I've no personal experience with this set up Paul.
I looked at these remote cylinders some time ago and decided that they looked risky, considering the size of the inverted potholes and inverted trenches we have around my way.
It also puts it right in the firing line of all the salt ridden crap coming off the front wheel which doesn't appeal either.
Horses for courses I suppose, but it's not for me.
Fast n Furious

Postby dickie » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:15 pm

Be careful not to put too much tension in the cable or the pivot lever won't allow the piston to return fully, thereby locking pressure in and cause severe drag. This applies to any indirect brake though, not only oiltek.

I also find they have quite a bit of lever travel before any effective braking, but that's just something you'd get used to.

The second point is obviously related to the first one
dickie

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 am

Thanks for the replies. I like the look of the new AF inboard system. Maybe, just maybe, this would work.
Storkfoot

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3