LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Mid range tank

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Mid range tank

Postby Osti80 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Hi,

I am trying to fit a mid range tank and straps, it is very tight up against the tool box.

While fitting the straps there isn’t enough room for the rubbers, can I fit the rubbers elsewhere or is there another solution?.

Cheers

AL
Osti80

Re: Mid range tank

Postby al pushpak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:22 pm

I find the easiest way to fit these tanks , given the limited space against the tool box , is to slide the tank in & just fit the bottom rubbers, then fit the straps & do the bolts up just enough so the bolts grab the trunnions, then put the straps into the correct position. then start fitting the other rubbers, it does help if you put them in hot water to make them more supple, with regards to the ones against the tool box, I find that using a long bladed screw driver to slightly bend the strap out wards you can then slide the rubber into position ! sorry my description is a bit long winded but hopefully you get what I mean ! LoL! this method always works for me ;) good luck .
Last edited by al pushpak on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al pushpak

Postby steveg » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:36 pm

I do similar to Al and sometimes cut the rubbers down a little
steveg

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 am

think there has been a seperate thread about this if you use the search button.

Some frames differ & some lips on the front of the tank vary in width - which can make fitting a real struggle.
bookertmgs1

Postby Toddy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:26 pm

bookertmgs1 wrote:think there has been a seperate thread about this if you use the search button.

Some frames differ & some lips on the front of the tank vary in width - which can make fitting a real struggle.

This one ?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12282&p=120163&hilit=Mid+range+tank+fitting#p120163
Toddy

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3