LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Brake fade

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Brake fade

Postby hullygully » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Fast n Furious wrote:I like the new AF double row bearing. Seems to do the job.

+1
There's no probs @ all with wheel alignment, wheel wobble, no oil leakage, etc..........layshaft is rigid even before endplate is in situ
hullygully

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:12 pm

hullygully wrote:
Fast n Furious wrote:I like the new AF double row bearing. Seems to do the job.

+1
There's no probs @ all with wheel alignment, wheel wobble, no oil leakage, etc..........layshaft is rigid even before endplate is in situ

I suggest that if somebody wishes to Post the subject, then alternative rear hub bearings can be discussed there, as we are getting way too far off subject.

However, just to clarify, the double row bearing does step out the hub to the left side, hence misalignment.

Now, that is a fact if you do the sums. You may not have an issue with it, personally, but the fact remains & that needs to be taken into consideration when making choices. There are designers of recent products that take wheel alignment as an important consideration, the example that springs to mind being the Targa engine which utilises an offset rim on the rear to ensure it is maintained.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:17 pm

I have MB and Scootopia rear hub bearings on order. I’ll make a decision which one to fit when I get them. I’ll also keep the old one which, having stripped the clutch, gearbox and layshaft out, looks okay.

I wasn’t too happy with the centralisation of the endplate though (it was harder to get out than it should have been) and I’ll have to look at that when I put it back together. I have another couple of GP endplates to try.
Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3