LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Oiltek long range tank + OMG tap with sender for SIP speedo?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Oiltek long range tank + OMG tap with sender for SIP speedo?

Postby matthew » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:12 pm

I realise it's possibly a bit of a niche question however I know Oiltek long range tanks are pretty popular, and so are SIP speedos so it's very probable that there are quite a few folks on here other than me running this combination on their scooters. Can anyone tell me how much fuel is remaining in the tank at the point when the sender triggers the 'FUEL' alert on the SIP speedo?

Thanks,

Matt
matthew

Re: Oiltek long range tank + OMG tap with sender for SIP spe

Postby coaster » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:37 am

I have a Diablo tank on my scooter with the SIP speedo, that hold about 13 or 14 litres and the Fuel message flashes up when its down to about 4 or 5 litres. The sender is calibrated for a standard size tank
coaster

Postby matthew » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:24 am

coaster wrote:I have a Diablo tank on my scooter with the SIP speedo, that hold about 13 or 14 litres and the Fuel message flashes up when its down to about 4 or 5 litres. The sender is calibrated for a standard size tank

Thanks Coaster!
matthew

Postby coaster » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:28 pm

matthew wrote:
coaster wrote:I have a Diablo tank on my scooter with the SIP speedo, that hold about 13 or 14 litres and the Fuel message flashes up when its down to about 4 or 5 litres. The sender is calibrated for a standard size tank

Thanks Coaster!

I shoul point out that the Oiltech tank is very similar to the Diablo tank, the main difference being that they are made of steel plate rather than ally
coaster

Postby matthew » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am

Yes, I think design-wise (and capacity-wise) they're pretty comparable, just as you say, one's steel and the other's alley. Thanks for your advice!
matthew

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3