LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Engine

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Engine

Postby Cgt75b » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:57 am

Hi folks

I’m in the process of having a standard 200 motor built the thing is I’d like it to be as quiet as possible, which exhaust would you recommend for this + getting rid of spent gasses.

Thanks in advance

Cgt75b.
Cgt75b

Re: Engine

Postby nsaints » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:03 am

Go as Innocenti intended and have a standard exhaust.
I have a Tutto Lambretta version of a standard exhaust and the performance is surprisingly good.
nsaints

Postby GExS » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 am

^ as above and I totally agree, standard exhausts are great as long as everything else is set up okay. Casa DL standard exhausts without the mushroom baffle or any other type of standard exhaust.
GExS

Postby vegansydney » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:23 pm

I agree completely, a standard GP/dl exhaust would be perfect and will pull better than any better than any Clubman up until ~5,000 RPM.

Tutto Lambretta exhausts are vastly superior in quality and fitment to both Casa and Scootopia's standard exhausts. The Tutto GP/dl exhausts come with a 12 month warranty (and the S3 'clover leaf' exhausts come with a 24 month warranty). IMHO they are the next best thing to finding a NOS exhaust and roughly the same price as the Casa ones. Any Tutto Lambretta dealer should have them in stock, or be able to easily order them.

Tutto Lambretta dealers include Travel Lambretta (UK), STF Lambretta (IT). You can also order direct from Tutto.
vegansydney

Postby nickw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:13 pm

Unfortunately Tutto GP exhausts have been hard to get hold of for some time now. I can't access their own web page. My anti virus reports they have a trojan virus lol. I have been looking for one of these for my restoration for at least a year because of their reputation.
nickw

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:54 pm

nickw wrote:Unfortunately Tutto GP exhausts have been hard to get hold of for some time now. I can't access their own web page. My anti virus reports they have a trojan virus lol. I have been looking for one of these for my restoration for at least a year because of their reputation.

I got one of the mushroomless Tutto SX type exhausts from Travel Lambretta in March this year. It would be worth contacting them to see if they are due any more in soon.
Storkfoot

Postby vegansydney » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:09 am

nickw wrote:Unfortunately Tutto GP exhausts have been hard to get hold of for some time now. I can't access their own web page. My anti virus reports they have a trojan virus lol. I have been looking for one of these for my restoration for at least a year because of their reputation.

Just call them. I've bought stuff off them over the phone and in-person that wasn't listed on their website. Speak to Ori the co-owner, she manages all the customer relations.

Storkfoot wrote:I got one of the mushroomless Tutto SX type exhausts from Travel Lambretta in March this year. It would be worth contacting them to see if they are due any more in soon.

Yes, Lee is one of the only TL dealers in the UK and incredibly helpful. Travel Lambretta have exceptional customer service and I can't recommend them enough. I linked his website above but here it is again: Travel Lambretta
vegansydney

Postby Cgt75b » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 am

Thanks very much for the links really helpful. No stock unfortunately but we’ll keep trying.
Cgt75b

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3