LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 3 Side Panel Handles

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 3 Side Panel Handles

Postby St George » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi. I have just put my side panels in for a new paint job. The side panel handles and roller brackets etc look a bit tired. The ally handles have Innocenti stamps on them but the bike is Servetta. My question is do all series 3 side panel handles interchange ?

Many thanks Colin
St George

Re: Series 3 Side Panel Handles

Postby Toddy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:12 am

Colin i believe so but i am not 100% sure
Toddy

Postby andyjohn3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello Colin - there are 2 types of panel handles for a series 3

Early ones have a detachable handle from the rod, like this - http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lambretta/side-panel-handle-assemblies-pair-early-series-3/

While the later ones are all one piece, like this - http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lambretta/side-panel-handle-assemblies-pair-late-series-3/

Was that your question, or were you asking if you can put late handles onto early panels, of which I do not know the answer! I'm better at asking the questions round here, not answering them!
andyjohn3

Postby St George » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Andy, well done and thanks for that. Mine are the first ones and they are on special offer £20 for a full set. Nice one. My panels are obviously the early ones and they fit my 1988 SX 200 ( Spain ) like a glove. Will order the new handles when the wife is out shopping.

Colin
St George

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3