LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Starting problems

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Starting problems

Postby bigbthesoulman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Li 150 series 3,20mm dello carb,42 mm Af clubman,hello glad to see forum back up and running,12v,scooter starts first kick from cold normally,problem I have is when I go to start after a run even a hour or so after I switch off,but also does it warm always the same,needs full throttle to catch,tried with no throttle nothing ,when it catches scooter goes fine in general, wonder Mabey jetting,have upjet for clubman but rest is standard,
bigbthesoulman

Re: Starting problems

Postby MK Monty » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:24 pm

You say it starts ok Cold I presume you use choke. Once running you turn off the choke? do you notice any difference as you turn the choke off. I would expect it to start well with choke but run a bit lumpy till you turn the choke off and then it to run smoother.It may be that your choke is not turning off all the way. Take the bellows off and look for the choke piston lifting and closing on top of the choke jet. You can see it through a drilling in the front of the carb. If thats good and it wont start warm try removing the bellows. Check for fuel in the bottom of the bellows. I have been plagued with this problem. Spit back as the scooter ticks over before turning off collects in the bellows making it hard to start. it either kicks first kick or each attempt just adds to the build up.
MK Monty

Re: Starting problems

Postby bigbthesoulman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Just noticed I have a dripping fuel tap so I guess Mabey this could be flooding the carb,have fitted new one,going to clean carb and try again,will let you know,think my hot start thing has been going to long for it to be this but hey god loves a tryer :o :(
bigbthesoulman

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3