LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Crankcase Oil Leak

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Crankcase Oil Leak

Postby drivera » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Decided to strip my GP down yesterday and sort out the annoying drip from the crankcase gasket so armed with new stainless studs ,washers ,nylocs , gasket and clear silicone I set too only to realise the leak was coming from the brass level plug , not the fibre washer but the plug itself , come to the conclusion it must be either porous or have a split in it .
Thought I'd share with you in case anyone else has the same annoying drip .
drivera

Re: Crankcase Oil Leak

Postby Wack » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm

They split if you do up too tight
Wack

Postby Lambr62 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:54 pm

My sump plug also seems to have a leak coming from hexagon socket as oil collects inside. Have bought replacements from a well known scooter parts dealer and both have sheared off whilst doing them up. Before anyone says you might be over tightening i was now where near the point where you are tightening against crankcase face. So if anyone can give me an idea where i can get a quality one and not from somewhere on the north east coast ! ;)
Lambr62

Postby Wack » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Best I've seen are the MB stainless ones
Wack

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3