LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fuel tap

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Fuel tap

Postby stonerosesmod » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 am

Hello peeps! Is good to be back again :)

Ive changed the silent block mounts on my Li Special and took it for a spin,all was good.Been in the garage today and smelt petrol.I noticed that my rear exit fuel tap is rubbing and has worn away on the mount letting petrol seep out.Is there a way to get a bit of clearance between the two?
stonerosesmod

Re: Fuel tap

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:16 am

Welcome back SRM,

I am not too familiar with the rear exit tap, but most issues with tap clearance can be addressed by loosening the tank straps and rotating tank a few degrees. I would not think that replacing the silent bushes would have caused the problem, unless the old bushes were so worn that the engine was off-centre to the extent that it gave the tap sufficient clearance.

Martin
Knowledge

Postby Mag » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:21 am

Just fitted rear exit tap on a standard tank and the clearance was fine.
Mag

Postby stonerosesmod » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:29 am

I may have bashed it lifting the engine back up when fitting the main bolt but its definitely rubbing on it now.Did have Scootopia mounts and handling was great but the vibrations were too much for me!.Just put some cheaper chrome mounts in for now.Ordered a new camlam rear exit tap and ill try moving the tank or even packing it further up maybe?

Cheers
stonerosesmod

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3