LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fancy a 2+bhp increase for nothing ?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Fancy a 2+bhp increase for nothing ?

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Actually, few Forum users outside of track racing would be aware that Mark Ellis built a Group Four with some very pioneering ideas, as I recall. This was quite some time prior to 2010.

He wrote an article (or two) for Scootering magazine in which he outlined some of the features.

Maxton were commissioned to re-valve a Honda RS125 rear shock & his MSC motor used a Keihin PWK, if memory serves.

In the hands of Scott Swarbrick, that bike was unassailable in its class.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Eden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:Actually, few Forum users outside of track racing would be aware that Mark Ellis built a Group Four with some very pioneering ideas, as I recall. This was quite some time prior to 2010.

He wrote an article (or two) for Scootering magazine in which he outlined some of the features.

Maxton were commissioned to re-valve a Honda RS125 rear shock & his MSC motor used a Keihin PWK, if memory serves.

people have used Keihin pwk carbs for years, the airstriker is quite different.
Eden

Postby Eden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:55 pm

A quick search to show the difference, have a read here.
http://www.trx250r.net/forum/intake-fue ... riker.html

basically the A/S has fins in the mouth which non A/s don't have and they are quad vented, they were made to provide better running through 1/4 throttle and I can confirm that they do just that :)

PWK ... Came After the "PJ" Oval... the "Oval" Carb. was to replace the "Round" OLD Carb's. .. the reason for the "Oval" is because Mic. had the Patent on the "Flat" Slide Carb. .. the Oval has the Choke Circuit in with the Idle and Allow's fuel to "discharge" after you let off at a HIGH Speed ...Unlike the EXPENSIVE Lectron Carb's ... Later on "They" Came out with the ....... "PWK" ... A BETTER Responsive Carb."because of the back "D" (Flat) Part of the Slide.....( a way to BETTER it because of the Patent ) !! ...
the PWK A/S..."Air Styker" Carb's have TWO Fin's in the Rear Bell of the Carb. for More "MID." Punch ...
the PWK Q/V " Quad Vent " has TWO Extra Hoses Routed up and around each side of the Carb. for the "WHOOPED" Section...the Bike won't "BOG" as Much because of this !!
the PWK-A/S-Q/V "Air Stryker,Quad Vent" is for the Moto-X Racer in Mind ..LOT'S of Low and Hard Mid Punch .....

here is a pic of the one on my 240

as.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eden

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Eden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
Actually, few Forum users outside of track racing would be aware that Mark Ellis built a Group Four with some very pioneering ideas, as I recall. This was quite some time prior to 2010.

people have used Keihin pwk carbs for years, the airstriker is quite different.

You are quite right in pointing out the distinction. I can’t even be certain of what Keihin type Mark used now. :roll:

What we need is an editor with unlimited archive access….. :D
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Eden » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:42 pm

I don't think the air striker was released much before 2010 tbh :?
Eden

Postby dave411 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Eden wrote:A quick search to show the difference, have a read here.
http://www.trx250r.net/forum/intake-fue ... riker.html

basically the A/S has fins in the mouth which non A/s don't have and they are quad vented, they were made to provide better running through 1/4 throttle and I can confirm that they do just that :)

PWK ... Came After the "PJ" Oval... the "Oval" Carb. was to replace the "Round" OLD Carb's. .. the reason for the "Oval" is because Mic. had the Patent on the "Flat" Slide Carb. .. the Oval has the Choke Circuit in with the Idle and Allow's fuel to "discharge" after you let off at a HIGH Speed ...Unlike the EXPENSIVE Lectron Carb's ... Later on "They" Came out with the ....... "PWK" ... A BETTER Responsive Carb."because of the back "D" (Flat) Part of the Slide.....( a way to BETTER it because of the Patent ) !! ...
the PWK A/S..."Air Styker" Carb's have TWO Fin's in the Rear Bell of the Carb. for More "MID." Punch ...
the PWK Q/V " Quad Vent " has TWO Extra Hoses Routed up and around each side of the Carb. for the "WHOOPED" Section...the Bike won't "BOG" as Much because of this !!
the PWK-A/S-Q/V "Air Stryker,Quad Vent" is for the Moto-X Racer in Mind ..LOT'S of Low and Hard Mid Punch .....

here is a pic of the one on my 240

as.jpg

Shit,thats a lot of hoses :o
dave411

Postby drunkmunkey6969 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Just in case anyone missed the B4B series in the mag:

Part 1) http://www.scootering.com/scootering-cl ... ng-part-1/
drunkmunkey6969

Postby dave411 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

That's interesting.Any chance of putting the rest on?Much better reading them on the big screen :D
dave411

Postby Mark97 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm

it was a PJ36mm Keihn - D-shaped and set-up by FW Developments. It made a massive difference when compared to the 34mm Smoothbore PJ Amal.

It was dyno set-up on Christmas Eve by FW Devs - and I won my first race ever - using it 3 days later.

Your comment: "In the hands of Scott Swarbrick, that bike was unassailable in its class" - is pretty accurate to be fair - although I didnt too that bad on it myself to be fair.....
Mark97

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3