LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Petcock

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Petcock

Postby eyeguy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Can someone tell me if this was the original petcock. I just bought a Li 150 special. As far as I know the have always been silver in color. As you can see this is brass. Okay can't attach photo due to board attachment quota has been reached. I assume this is the sites server. So I am posting the question anyway. If possible I will post pic when able.
Thanks
Eyeguy
eyeguy

Re: Petcock

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Ah, by Petcock I presume you mean fuel tap?

It's quite possible that it would have been cast in brass. I think originals were. Except when they weren't and cast in some silver alloy. I think both is correct, so I wouldn't worry about it. More pertinent would be if you want to keep it or not? A modern tap would allow you a better flow rate.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby eyeguy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:33 am

Yes I agree a modern one would give better flow. However this special is completely original and I may not change anything at this poin for that reason. It is running very well. I don't think I will change anything that's not broken.
I just wanted to be sure the fuel tap would have been original.

Thanks to all for your responses
Eyeguy
eyeguy

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm

I have a brass one 'in stock' & they polish up magnificently.

If I were you, don't be persuaded to swap it.

As a (probably 'ex') racer, we were 'porting' these for years by stripping them down & running slightly bigger drills through to ensure good flow... ;)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:13 pm

That's a good idea. Best of both worlds.
ToBoldlyGo

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3