LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 1 or 2 ?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 1 or 2 ?

Postby lammydave » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 am

Just restoring what I thought was a series 1 LI150 .... it was certainly dressed as one when I got it...

However, a check of the frame number suggests it's an early series 2 ... the frame number is within the first 200 produced....

I know there are differences between the headstock tube... but what were they?

I guess it could be a crossover model, Innocenti using existing parts before the new ones...

Thoughts??
lammydave

Re: Series 1 or 2 ?

Postby Watfordwhite » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:18 pm

S2 forks do fit S1. I would of though if it was using up old stock parts surly it would be an S1 frame? Lots of S2 out there with S1 headsets and horn case. Possibly not the answer you wanted.
Watfordwhite

Postby Digger » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 pm

lammydave wrote:Just restoring what I thought was a series 1 LI150 .... it was certainly dressed as one when I got it...

However, a check of the frame number suggests it's an early series 2 ... the frame number is within the first 200 produced....

I know there are differences between the headstock tube... but what were they?

I guess it could be a crossover model, Innocenti using existing parts before the new ones...

Thoughts??

The bracket for the legshield is different David - with a corresponding difference in the fixing on said legshield.

SII

SI

Hope this helps...
Digger

Postby missing lynx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:57 pm

does it really matter once it's got it's clothes on it's what it looks like
missing lynx

Postby missing lynx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:00 pm

[quote="missing lynx"]does it really matter once it's got it's clothes on it's what it looks like. looking at the frames in the diagrams the biggest difference is the battery tray
missing lynx

Postby Digger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:27 am

missing lynx wrote:does it really matter once it's got it's clothes on it's what it looks like does it really matter once it's got it's clothes on it's what it looks like. looking at the frames in the diagrams the biggest difference is the battery tray

It does when it comes to fixing the legshields and horncasting as I already mentioned - they are not a straight swap as the mounting points for both are different between the two.
Digger

Postby lammydave » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks, john....the legshield bracket says it's series 1.....

and yes, it really doesn't matter a hell of a lot, missing lynx, just something out of interest, really
lammydave

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3