LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Pathfinder LED bulbs

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Pathfinder LED bulbs

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm

I am in the process of fitting pathfinder lamps to my S type project, I have a battery fitted solely to power the lamps which will be charged from a regulator, now the total wattage of the lamps is 96w which seems a lot, are there LED bulbs that can be used instead, what are others using
TS1-200

Re: Pathfinder LED bulbs

Postby landybretta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:22 pm

I've used this site for led bulbs for my MG. Highly recommended.
Bulbs for your lamps due soon, assuming your running 12 volt.

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/search?q=p36s

or this site but not cheap

http://www.bettercarlighting.co.uk/inde ... &Submit=Go
landybretta

Postby coaster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:53 am

coaster

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Got a pair from the Classic Dynamo and regulator company, bit more expensive than the Ebay ones, but seem to work well, not tried them in anger yet a the scoot is not quite ready for the road, its amazing how they work on such a small amount of power, not even enough to power a horn,
TS1-200

Postby MK Monty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Just a point if your only running the pathfinder from the battery and its not connected to the stator and the rest you should be OK, how long you can have it on will depend on your battery size but you would normally connect to a relay and turn on the PF on full beam so not on all the time. Cree ones are the way to go over the multiple LED lamps but the pathfinder filament lamp is pre focused to give a great beam, I never found a LED to give the same and opted for one that simply lights up, its a cree condenser type but I had to mod a base to fit, may try one of the ones above
MK Monty

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:40 pm

I am running I the lamps direct from a battery, but the battery is charged by a DC output from a regulator apart from a horn there is nothing else using this supply, so should be ok
TS1-200

Postby MK Monty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:59 pm

If I remember correctly the standard lamp is 55w so the crees above at 45w are not that much better. The reason I changed mine was more colour. The HID Headlight i have fitted is very bright and white the standard filament lamp in the pathfinder that was candle yellow even though a great beam, the Cree lamp I used is cool white but has shit beam, progress they say
MK Monty

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3