LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Electronic Seat - what Racks?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Electronic Seat - what Racks?

Postby berniek » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

What racks can be used with an electronic seat. I doubt that normal sprint racks or horizontal spare wheel carriers will fit. I'm not looking for a great luggage rack but something alog the lines of a sprint rack or horzontal wheel carrier. Cheers
berniek

Re: Electronic Seat - what Racks?

Postby kennystag » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 am

What do you mean by an electronic seat.
Stag
:)
kennystag

Postby HxPaul » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:07 am

HxPaul

Postby Vega125s » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

I just get away with a standard sprint rack on mine.
Vega125s

Postby berniek » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks both, appreciated
berniek

Postby berniek » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Kenny, I mean a gp electronic model seat. Different to normal go seats
berniek

Postby rossclark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 pm

image.jpeg

I used a horizontal spare wheel rack with the rack on top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rossclark

Postby corrado » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Does the spare wheel fit with that set up Ross? I seem to recall doing something similar but I'm not 100% sure that it was an Electronic [remade] seat. I just about got the spare wheel holder to fit but then found out the the tyre hit the seat so I didn't fit the seat.
corrado

Postby JBM34 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am

Hi,
You can ask Keith Newman of K2 Custom.
He made this one for me.
Cheers.
JB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBM34

Postby waddo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 pm

I made two rear carriers for my GP 200 Electronic. 1 smaller one, bit bigger than a sprint rack that sits same angle has rear frame ie slopping, and a larger one, for when i am touring abroad and need to carry more items etc. the larger carrier sits level. with two stabilising round steel tube down struts that pick up on the bottom number plate mounting holes, with room for a spare wheel with rear hub bolted to it, that fits below the main carrier platform. The Electronic seat lifts up, fully loaded without any issues. I bought some lengths of round tubing from a local supplier and bent the tube with my pipe bender and brazed all the joints. I have been using this carrier for approx 15 years. Never once have i had to repair any joints, no cracks or breakages. I carry a large heavy suit case. oil etc on this carrier when it in use. I have a picture somewhere returning from a euro rally. Riding through France we called of at a champagne house in Epernay. where i bought two cases of Castanale Champagne. heavy stuff. Strapped the fiz on top of my Suitcase and rode of. No problem. I think my carrier does what i need it t do. I could make you one if needed. Hope this helps.
waddo

Postby hullygully » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 pm

be carefull with those Beedy st/steel wheel holders, THEY'RE @ A DIFFERNT ANGLE TO THE SCOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :x :twisted: :roll:
the two vertical struts are totally wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hullygully

Postby HxPaul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Are you sure you didn't try putting s2 on a s3 or vice versa.
HxPaul

Postby rossclark » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:35 pm

corrado wrote:Does the spare wheel fit with that set up Ross? I seem to recall doing something similar but I'm not 100% sure that it was an Electronic [remade] seat. I just about got the spare wheel holder to fit but then found out the the tyre hit the seat so I didn't fit the seat.

No, it doesn't Martin. You could just about get one on but you wouldn't be able to get the seat up.

The original plan was to use a square back type seat and mount a spare, but the hinge on that seized up somehow. I had the rack that fitted on the spare carrier and am now on tubeless so the spare was less of a problem.
rossclark

Postby corrado » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:28 pm

hullygully wrote:be carefull with those Beedy st/steel wheel holders, THEY'RE @ A DIFFERNT ANGLE TO THE SCOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :x :twisted: :roll:
the two vertical struts are totally wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've sold plenty of them without any issues and got one on my GP. There are 2 versions though, 1 for S1/S2 and 1 for S3/GP. I did have issues with the S2 version though as it wouldn't fit with the later, bigger, rear light. I trimmed one so that it could be mounted only to find the tyre hit the light when fitted.
corrado

Postby berniek » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciated.

I was contacted by PM by a mate before I read most of the replies - he was having one made for such a purpose, I've chipped in to that.

Thanks for the advice all, thanks for the offer of fabrication Waddo.
berniek

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3