LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

S1 Switch: What's this wire ?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

S1 Switch: What's this wire ?

Postby Raveydavey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:47 pm

There's an unshielded wire between two points inside this switch . Whats it for? On this one its actually not connected to the bottom point. Looks like the wire/ solder join has just perished. Hopefully it's clear from the picture which wire I'm talking about.

Switch is from a Li150 framebreather. It had a battery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raveydavey

Re: S1 Switch: What's this wire ?

Postby foremanbob » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am

Its a link wire... modern version would be built into a printed circuit board...
foremanbob

Postby HxPaul » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

There's a wiring diagram on page 262 of the second edition of Sticky's manual,It shows the light switch on the Li150 series 1.
HxPaul

Postby Raveydavey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 pm

foremanbob wrote:Its a link wire... modern version would be built into a printed circuit board...

Which suggests it should be attached both ends, which currently it is not. Bit of soldering tomorrow then. Cheers Bob
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 pm

HxPaul wrote:There's a wiring diagram on page 262 of the second edition of Sticky's manual,It shows the light switch on the Li150 series 1.

I've got the book open on that page right now. It bears some resemblance to this switch. Wire colours and switches are clear. It's going to take better eyes than mine to pick out this link wire. Not worries though. Have what I need for now. Thanks for the reply Paul
Raveydavey

Postby HxPaul » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 am

It might be a help to know that the picture in the manual is from the front of the switch,the picture that you have posted is from the back.
HxPaul

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3