LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Suzuki 190 - which barrel?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Suzuki 190 - which barrel?

Postby holty » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 pm

i built one of these last year, bought the barrel off ebay, it was tuned by cs engineering i think, i got a piston from beedspeed gave the barrel a hone and it went very well, a bit faster than a standard 200, i had the correct head to match the profile of the piston, it was topped and tailed so i used a standard sized conrod, made i nice budget motor, i did have to shorten the piston skirt, i think its in the dave webster tuning book, i think if you were building one from scratch a spanish smallbore barrel with the big transfers might be a good starting point, they are about the same size as a 200 transfers.
holty

Postby Knowledge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm

I only have oversize NOS Suzuki pistons, but it is worth noting that the distance between the top peg and the bottom pin positions varies from 30mm to 37mm and 45mm, showing the progression of the piston through its generations.

I would opt for the Mitaka piston that is ER. The quality is good and the ring pegs should be wide enough to miss the inlet port. If you want an old piston to play with, I can supply, but I can’t guarantee that it won’t have a hold in the top.

Happy days. :D
Knowledge

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 am

Knowledge wrote:I only have oversize NOS Suzuki pistons, but it is worth noting that the distance between the top peg and the bottom pin positions varies from 30mm to 37mm and 45mm, showing the progression of the piston through its generations.

I would opt for the Mitaka piston that is ER. The quality is good and the ring pegs should be wide enough to miss the inlet port. If you want an old piston to play with, I can supply, but I can’t guarantee that it won’t have a hold in the top.

Happy days. :D

Thanks, Martin. I’ll keep you posted.
Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3