LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

ignition switch

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

ignition switch

Postby stuboy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi can i fit an ignition switch to non battery series 3 with 12v and if so any recommendations.Thanks
stuboy

Re: ignition switch

Postby HxPaul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Yes you can,I've got two.I use Casa ignition switches,both are AC versions.
HxPaul

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:45 am

I've got an ignition switch fitted to my LI. Although, it basically performs the same function as being a cut out switch with just the one position. But don't do what I did and think my lights had failed when I moved it to the second and third positions. I was used to riding my GP. It was then I twigged that the lights work off the handlebar switch on the LI. :oops:
ToBoldlyGo

Postby HxPaul » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

ToBoldlyGo wrote:I've got an ignition switch fitted to my LI. Although, it basically performs the same function as being a cut out switch with just the one position. But don't do what I did and think my lights had failed when I moved it to the second and third positions. I was used to riding my GP. It was then I twigged that the lights work off the handlebar switch on the LI. :oops:

I've got a series 2 LI,I've swopped the cutout for a Casa ignition switch and use my lights from that.I've had to rewire the handlebar light switch so that it uses just the dipswitch and horn.
HxPaul

Postby MK Monty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 pm

HxPaul wrote:
ToBoldlyGo wrote:I've got an ignition switch fitted to my LI. Although, it basically performs the same function as being a cut out switch with just the one position. But don't do what I did and think my lights had failed when I moved it to the second and third positions. I was used to riding my GP. It was then I twigged that the lights work off the handlebar switch on the LI. :oops:

I've got a series 2 LI,I've swopped the cutout for a Casa ignition switch and use my lights from that.I've had to rewire the handlebar light switch so that it uses just the dipswitch and horn.

and once you have gone that far its a simple step to use the redundant switch for indicators :idea:
MK Monty

Postby stuboy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:53 pm

thanks for the advice,much appreciated
stuboy

Postby HxPaul » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 pm

I hate indicators on an old Lambretta
HxPaul

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3