LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

kill switch issue?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

kill switch issue?

Postby Raveydavey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 pm

As I work through this S1 build it seems every turn has a new challenge. Today's is the kill switch. Its the original one. Looks a little bit grotty but it is 60 years old. Anyway yesterday the kill switch worked. Today it doesn't.

I've wired the loom green directly to the kill switch with a spade connector. I assume (expect) it earths through the switch and headset top itself?

Just to confirm; Green from the loom to earth kills the engine. So its defo the switch (or the way Ive wired it in...? Does there need to be another earth in there?

Can you 'service' (repair) a kill switch?
Raveydavey

Re: kill switch issue?

Postby Meds » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Check that the switch is connected to the headset metal and not just the paint.
Otherwise you need to check the continuity of the wiring.
Meds

Postby Watfordwhite » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Correct the kill switch earths through the U bracket on to the headset. Again make sure its a good contact at these points with metal to metal contact.
Also visibly check when the button is pushed it forced the contact to earth. Make sure this spring and contact are clean and free of 60 years worth of dirt.. :D

Hurry up, we are all waiting on your road report mate.
Watfordwhite

Postby Raveydavey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. There is no paint so it's not that. I'll Give it a clean and then test it again. It might be the wire. Seems a little brittle.

Watfordwhite wrote:
Hurry up, we are all waiting on your road report mate.

I'm working like a man possessed to get this on the road. 8-) DVLA better hurry up with the reg.
Raveydavey

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3