LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Removing rear wheel on a Series 2??

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Removing rear wheel on a Series 2??

Postby davla » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Is there a secret to removing the rear wheel on a Series 2???
davla

Re: Removing rear wheel on a Series 2??

Postby shane BBoys » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:35 pm

HI.
I do not have a Series 2 but i believe 10mm has to be cut from the inner panel hook. An adult will be along shortly to answer or confirm.

Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby bike grim » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:40 am

Cutting the panel hook as above does help but it isn’t absolutely necessary and some would consider that sacrilege.It’s just a matter of patience and getting the “nack”

Pushing the wheel into towards the front of the engine as you twist it to get the back out first is how I do it. I’ve got 2 series 2’s and a series 1 and the inner panel hook is trimmed on only one of them. Deflating the tyre helps as does having the right length shock. The extra meat and longer wheel studs on tubeless rims also makes it a bit more fiddly.
bike grim

Postby HxPaul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:25 am

HxPaul

Postby Digger » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:47 pm

bike grim wrote:Cutting the panel hook as above does help but it isn’t absolutely necessary and some would consider that sacrilege.It’s just a matter of patience and getting the “nack”

Pushing the wheel into towards the front of the engine as you twist it to get the back out first is how I do it. I’ve got 2 series 2’s and a series 1 and the inner panel hook is trimmed on only one of them. Deflating the tyre helps as does having the right length shock. The extra meat and longer wheel studs on tubeless rims also makes it a bit more fiddly.

What he said - I've had S2's all my scootering life (almost half a century) and never had to resort to violence..
Digger

Postby HxPaul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Digger wrote:
bike grim wrote:Cutting the panel hook as above does help but it isn’t absolutely necessary and some would consider that sacrilege.It’s just a matter of patience and getting the “nack”

What he said - I've had S2's all my scootering life (almost half a century) and never had to resort to violence..

I wouldn't exactly call it violence
HxPaul

Postby Digger » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Tongue in cheek Paul....
Digger

Postby burnside » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:35 am

Never had much a problem with standard rims and studs, but with SIP rim, longer studs and a wider tyre that is a complete ballsache but deflating tyre helps loads
burnside

Postby myjiffey » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:54 am

Therein lies the problem . Original tyre sizes from the 60's don't pose any problems , but later rims and tyre sizes probably will . A shame to start cutting the old S2 about ,but if needs must :o
myjiffey

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3