LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

J Range mag housing fitted to a vega

Technical help for Lui, Vega, Cometa, J50, Cento, J125, Starstream.

J Range mag housing fitted to a vega

Postby ladsdad » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:22 am

Hi all
I'm about to fit a j range mag housing to a Vega engine. The housing is the type with the 3 piece bearing, question is what stops the bearing race moving around on the crank?
Cheers Mark.
ladsdad

Re: J Range mag housing fitted to a vega

Postby soullad » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Sod that get the TS1 finished !
Sorry Mark, not much use, an adult will no doubt be along and offer some wise words of advice :D
soullad

Postby robd » Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 pm

There's a shim that goes onto the crank before the bearing inner race and another that goes into the mag housing before the bearing outer race (so sits between outer race and oil seal). The crank side one is in stock at scooter restos I think but the mag housing one is unavailable I believe. I might have an old mag flange with the outer race and shim still in it if you need one.
robd
Site Admin

Postby ladsdad » Sun May 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi Rob
Thanks for your reply, I've been doing a bit of research myself & it would appear there are two types of crank for a Vega as well as two mag housing possibilities.... I currently have an early crank with a late mag(or possibly the other way round) so couldn't see how the bearing was supported. I'm looking out for a suitable crank now so hopefully one will come available in good used order.
Cheers Mark.
ladsdad

Return to Luna & J Range