LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

varitronic/lunatronic wiring help required

Technical help for Lui, Vega, Cometa, J50, Cento, J125, Starstream.

varitronic/lunatronic wiring help required

Postby a-teamlambretta » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 pm

just fitted a lunatronic kit to my vega and need a bit of help with the wiring please.

i have a purple, orange and pink from the origional loom. the green and brown are plumbed into the reg and cdi. i have it running and and kill switch is working so ignition side of things is fine. the main beam is working so i guess the brown is the main feed to the headlight conector block . i dont have the rear light wired up yet and the dip beam must have blown due to still having 6v bulbs in .

i just need to know where the others from the origional loom go. also from the stator i have a two tone red/white wire left over , it is suppling power as when put to earth it sparks, do i connect this wire to the purple orange and pink from the loom ?? .

also i think the brown also supplies the horn and then to the headlight conector block. will i need a 12v horn and will it be dc or ac ??
cheers simon
a-teamlambretta

Re: varitronic/lunatronic wiring help required

Postby Wack » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:43 pm

All the loom wires need to connect to the regulator "out" terminal apart from the green. The spare red/ white is for a battery if fitted so just tape it up. Keep the original horn as it will sound much better.
Wack

Postby a-teamlambretta » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 pm

I have two spare positions on the regulator, one is the battery positive according to the destructions don't know what the other is and know where for the red/white to plug in. Will try all the wires into where the brown is and tape the red/white wire up for now. Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby Wack » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 am

There's two types of reg, but both have 4 terminals so have you fitted an earth?
Wack

Postby a-teamlambretta » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:28 am

Wack wrote:There's two types of reg, but both have 4 terminals so have you fitted an earth?

Yes, from the reg to my home made bracket then linked to the cdi, will double check tomorrow, think it picked up the blue wire from the stator aswell.
a-teamlambretta

Return to Luna & J Range