LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

carb set up / 25mm phbl

Technical help for Lui, Vega, Cometa, J50, Cento, J125, Starstream.

carb set up / 25mm phbl

Postby a-teamlambretta » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:05 pm

need some base line/ ball park jetting info please.

just fitted new dellorto 25mm phbl carb to my vega. its now reed valved using an lth reedvalve also cc is up to about 90cc and a proper expansion pipe is fitted.

i fitted the carb as it came , brand new. it starts and runs ok just dosent rev out clean . will strip carb and have a look to see what jets and slide and float valve etc are in there. is anyone else using one of these carbs ?? . cheers simon
a-teamlambretta

Re: carb set up / 25mm phbl

Postby a-teamlambretta » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:15 pm

a-teamlambretta wrote:need some base line/ ball park jetting info please.

just fitted new dellorto 25mm phbl carb to my vega. its now reed valved using an lth reedvalve also cc is up to about 90cc and a proper expansion pipe is fitted.

i fitted the carb as it came , brand new. it starts and runs ok just dosent rev out clean . will strip carb and have a look to see what jets and slide and float valve etc are in there. is anyone else using one of these carbs ?? . cheers simon

carb has 102 main

70 idle

60 choke.

40 slide

d22 needle

aq 266 atomiser

if this helps, cheers simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby Wack » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:48 pm

On my 130 I run a 262 or 264 atomiser with the d22 needle, main is about the same so maybe you may be too rich on both.
Wack

Postby a-teamlambretta » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:11 am

Wack wrote:On my 130 I run a 262 or 264 atomiser with the d22 needle, main is about the same so maybe you may be too rich on both.

Will try coming down on the main, not using an air filter by the way. I flicked the choke on whilst on a fast idle and it didn't make a shits worth of difference and again when trying to rev out and again no difference. It starts and idles great and revs to 3/4 of throttle ok. I need to alter timing aswell once I can get it reving clean as Im not achieving full retardation I think. Cheers again Simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby a-teamlambretta » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Imageimage share

dropped ring stops play, might get away with using top ring only
a-teamlambretta

Return to Luna & J Range