LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ld frame

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Ld frame

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Although I have no idea of why I bought it, I have acquired a NOS (New Old Stock) frame that has never been used. It is partially stamped but presumably the completion of the numbering would have been left to the dealer during any rebuild. It is as factory supplied in excellent condition with OEM paint (primer?) & greased in part to avoid corrosion. In fact, there is no corrosion whatsoever. If it were a vinyl record, I'd describe it as 'Mint Plus'......

I know very little about the Ld derivatives but it does have the large boxy bit @ the back.

Presumably this is a very rare item, but that does not mean it is 'highly sought after' although I'm guessing that with our UK climate, replacement of the frame may mean the difference between rebuild or 'spares or repair'

Essentially, I'm looking for some feedback, because I don't want to hog something simply for the sake of it. After all, I've always had SIII's & they include UK registered GP200 & TV200 waiting for total rebuilds, so I really ought to let my head rule my heart.

What do you fans of the shaft-drivers think?
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: Ld frame

Postby missing lynx » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:29 pm

It'll be a mk 3 with a toolbox at the back or an electric start one
missing lynx

Return to Pre 57