LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

1957 LD 150 MK3 Oil ratio

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

1957 LD 150 MK3 Oil ratio

Postby Snowman » Mon May 28, 2018 3:36 pm

hi, Anyone out there know the correct oil/fuel ratio for fully synthetic 2 stroke in a standard engine with 12 v Varitronic igntion
Snowman

Re: 1957 LD 150 MK3 Oil ratio

Postby rlpembridge » Mon May 28, 2018 11:55 pm

The ignition shouldn't make any difference to the oil as Variatronic system is designed to ensure a more efficient delivery of the spark.
The book figures (stipulating SAE 30 2-stroke oils), are to use 8% whilst running-in a new engine and then 6%. I have seen several threads on here about this issue and some are running at 4%. Personally, I'm using 5% at present.
I haven't read / looked for posts about fuels but would recommend you stick with regular 93RON unleaded as super 97RON, naturally will have a higher burn temperature and you would, at least have to contend with that extra heat, changing to a different spark plug and I'm not at all confident that the lack of compression would facilitate that higher burn temperature. You may well end-up with a very hot engine and un-burnt fuel in the crankcase, which could be nasty.
rlpembridge

Return to Pre 57