LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fuel LD150

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Fuel LD150

Postby GianfraCh » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone recommends to use fuel stabiliser on an LD150?
GianfraCh

Re: Fuel LD150

Postby jbcollier » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:56 pm

No need for fuel stabilizer unless you want to store it with fuel in the tank and carb. If you ride it regularly, just fill, mix, and ride.

I live in a dry climate and store my scoots in a (mildly) heated garage. I store my scoots with the tank and carbs dry. If you live in a humid climate, the best thing is to move! Failing that, add stabilizer and fill the tank to the brim with the best fuel with the lowest ethanol content. Run it for a block or two so the stabilized fuel is in the carb as well. At least every year, completely drain and repeat the fill & running process.
jbcollier

Postby GianfraCh » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 pm

jbcollier wrote:No need for fuel stabilizer unless you want to store it with fuel in the tank and carb. If you ride it regularly, just fill, mix, and ride.

I live in a dry climate and store my scoots in a (mildly) heated garage. I store my scoots with the tank and carbs dry. If you live in a humid climate, the best thing is to move! Failing that, add stabilizer and fill the tank to the brim with the best fuel with the lowest ethanol content. Run it for a block or two so the stabilized fuel is in the carb as well. At least every year, completely drain and repeat the fill & running process.

Thank you jb.. thats quite helpful. got it!
GianfraCh

Postby missing lynx » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Do you mean the stuff to combat ethanol in modern fuel? If so It's worth considering as once E10 fuel comes in this could have a detrimental effect on classic single cylinder 2 stroke engines. I already use Putoline E10 fuel fighter which counteracts the affect of ethanol and stabilizes the fuel if the bikes not used
missing lynx

Return to Pre 57