LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Question about the horn.

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

Question about the horn.

Postby GianfraCh » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Hi all,

I have finally made my Lambretta work with its new crankshaft! all working well in terms of running.

Now I have noticed that my lights are nice and bright but when I sound the horn ( is not too loud) and also makes the light go off for that second that I press the horn. Im not sure if that is normal? or I have connected it in the wrong way??

Thanks for the help in advance!
GianfraCh

Re: Question about the horn.

Postby coaster » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:54 am

No, thats completely normal, applying the rear rake will also dim the lights. Having said that, make sure you have the correct wattage bulbs fitted, the stator only makes about 80 watts max and a LOT less on tickover or around town speeds :roll:
coaster

Postby GianfraCh » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am

coaster wrote:No, thats completely normal, applying the rear rake will also dim the lights. Having said that, make sure you have the correct wattage bulbs fitted, the stator only makes about 80 watts max and a LOT less on tickover or around town speeds :roll:

Got it! Thank you Coaster!
GianfraCh

Postby coaster » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 pm

GianfraCh wrote:
coaster wrote:No, thats completely normal, applying the rear rake will also dim the lights. Having said that, make sure you have the correct wattage bulbs fitted, the stator only makes about 80 watts max and a LOT less on tickover or around town speeds :roll:

Got it! Thank you Coaster!

Think of like somone flushing the loo when your in the shower :o
coaster

Postby Steve J » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 am

80 watts??? You'll be lucky! The 4 pole stator on the LD has a single lighting coil and a low tension ignition winding, the lighting coil only produces enough power for a 25 watt headlamp bulb, a 3 watt tail light and a couple of watts for the speedo bulb - about 30 watts in total. Without the lights on the horn is described as sounding like a duck farting - switch the lights on and it sounds like a duck being strangled! :lol:
Steve J

Postby Fast n Furious » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:20 pm

A strangled fart is a good horn on an LD. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast n Furious

Return to Pre 57