LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LD150 mk3 Parking light

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

LD150 mk3 Parking light

Postby GianfraCh » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi!

I have a question about the parking lights on an LD. I have a new battery, and I have the rear light working when I choose "1" on the light switch, with the bike off the rear light switches on. But not the front light, should the front light work too? I realised that in the lamp assembly I am missing one cable (as there are 4 slots and I have only 3 cables connected) so I am guessing that's why the front light isnt switching on too? How should I wire that cable?? I found the diagram but cannot really see where that cable goes? Thanks for any help provided in advance!!
-Gianfra
GianfraCh

Re: LD150 mk3 Parking light

Postby jbcollier » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:29 pm

The battery powers the rear light as a "parking" safety feature. It's only the rear light as that's where other vehicles approach from, and, to make the battery last as long as possible. You could also wire it to power the front light as well if you want but I don't see the need for it.
jbcollier

Re: LD150 mk3 Parking light

Postby GianfraCh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:02 pm

jbcollier wrote:The battery powers the rear light as a "parking" safety feature. It's only the rear light as that's where other vehicles approach from, and, to make the battery last as long as possible. You could also wire it to power the front light as well if you want but I don't see the need for it.

Hi John! Thanks for the reply. Okay, perfect, that does clear my doubt if it is meant to be just for the rear light, definitely makes sense that it is only the rear light, I was not sure! . Thank you for clarifying! :)
GianfraCh

Return to Pre 57