LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

fork link lever/trailing link

Technical help for all early models, A, B, C, LC, D, LD, E & F models

fork link lever/trailing link

Postby eyeguy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

rebuilding my forks on Mark 3 1958. I have 2 rubber seal rings and 2 steel washers manual is somewhat unclear where the rubber seals go. Please help. are the pics below the proper way they go on? rubber seal first then steel washer?
thanks
eyeguy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eyeguy

Re: fork link lever/trailing link

Postby Steve J » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:21 am

The bronze bushes in the forks have a recess machined in the face which faces the fork link. The idea is that the rubber sealing washer sits in the recess, the steel washer fits over the top of the rubber washer, and fitting the fork link holds it all in place. It's not a great sealing method, but I guess it's better than nothing!
Steve J

Postby eyeguy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks Steve! I thought that was right, but as you stated it’s not very good. The seal ring doesn’t fit well.
Thanks again
Eyeguy
eyeguy

Postby steve c » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:08 pm

A 2mm o ring would do a better job of that and bloody sight cheaper than an original lambretta tap washer type,it will just squeeze down and seal better

regards

Steve
steve c

Return to Pre 57