LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

3 Wisemen at the Flying 8 ball rally

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

3 Wisemen at the Flying 8 ball rally

Postby bamrattle » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:45 pm

An early finish at work and glorious sunshine saw myself and micky heading for larling fri lunchtime,

Micky fuels up before we head for the a 31/m27

Now with tanks topped up we take steady cruise up the m3 heading for fleet services and our 2nd fuel stop and coffee break

Next leg was north bound on m25, only to find the infamous carpark, but lucky for us and 5 lanes we carefully run up the middle of them, much to the annoyance of some car drivers who take great delight in closing the gap trying to stop us getting through, (2wats)
We make good time and peeling off at 21a we head for the a1m and our nxt fuel stop before the m11 which now took us into mid afternoon and with the final leg being the a11 across Thetford forrest, Omg what sh1t run that was with the road improvement works traffic was at a stand still and single file, so again where possible we plodded down the outside.. With the weather gods shining on us we decide to really push on and go straight to the Angel at larling before checking in at our B&B which was as mick informed me about 10mls away.
The reason for this is and for those who have never attended The Angel Pub @ larling it is situated off the A11 and out in the middle of knowhere all rooms were fully booked mths ago and the nxt resort was tenting, and seeing the weekend forcast we decided alternative accomodation was the order of the day..

Last fuel stop at thetford saw us meet up with 2 of the "indicidable lads (name change) lol " we had the pleasure of riding with them on lejog also helping with there lost accomodation at jedburgh..
Glad some of you had reliable engines unlike Eden "I keep seizing up,Running out of fuel,And they rode off and left me, I thought i was gonna spend the night here so glad to see ya" Just a few things we heard from him on Lejog..

Right enough of that heres a few pics from fri evening before we left for our B&B

The Angel at Larling .. In the distance New forest sc Main man and solo rider P.j also choosing to attend

P.j's Supertune looking shiney

Repair workshop set up in the camping field

Bad ass rat muther 5ucker splitty and if my old skool vw memory serves, sat on raidars if iam not wrong

A few pics showing the size of the camping area and the early arrivals

Just about make toddy out in this pic... Still trying to figure out how to get a good erection... On the tent i mean...

Nice seat toddy but No cigar

Gymkhana fun bike

Nice hand made trophys.

Well thats a quick look at our wistle stop visit to larling on fri night, with catchups done sheets signed we depart for our pub B&B

And look what we were greated with on arrival... Beats tenting with the threat of impending thunder storms that night and sat

Eyes on the bikes

And top food

Washed down with a few largers we decide to turn in for the night...
Well saturday dawns and guess what

Breakfast done at lesure we see that the 1st shower has cleared so its Waterpoofs on bags loaded bikes checked and head off south bound leaving the leafy village of Rickinghall languishing in 2 stroke smoke.
This time we decide to head down the a143/a14 a11 all was going well till someone up there decided to turn the lights off,, Fook it went dark and then the biggest lighting flash i have ever seen happend above us followed by rolling thunder that which seemed to go on for ages..
Fooking ell lets get outta here before the heavens open, well we seem to pass through it and get away until the m11

This is us taking shelter at a refugee rest point near the end of the m11

15 min stop and off we go again heading for the m25 And Dartford crossing.

With the weather improving as quick as the miles we were doing and by the time we reached the A3 wisley junction the sun was out.
Fuel and a coffee stop as we head for the A31 guilford and the hogsback winchester and home..

Thinking to myself as i do the last mile or so

Well myself and mike have pushed out close too 400 miles in 2 days this weekend & 1100 miles a fortnight ago on lejog.
And your thinking to yourselfs where's he going with this now :roll: .
Well i have ridden in some of the worst rain i can think of, and all thats kept me safe and sure on the roads of england and scotland and norfolk
Are my Conti 365 move's
I cant rate them highly enough in the wet or the dry..

Ride safe everyone
Last edited by bamrattle on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bamrattle

Re: Flying 8 ball rally

Postby Tony Hart » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Great write up and pics again Trev.

Tony
Tony Hart

Postby Hong Kong Phooey » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Nice write up Trev. Good to see you albeit only briefly at the last fuel stop. Started the return journey back to Brum and thought we were going to dodge the rain storms. NOT.
A big thanks to all the organisers quality location, good pub and a cracking bacon nutty. Back again next year? Deffo
Hong Kong Phooey

Postby Eden » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Nice story :) I was running in :oops:
At work today so didn't go :( one of our guys who you saw today broke down though :cry:
Eden

Postby carlos fandango » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:24 am

^^ :oops: :(
carlos fandango

Re: 3 Wisemen at the Flying 8 ball rally

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 am

Nice words "Diva" good to see you both and you didn't buy a round again !!! No wonder your friends with Eden :lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Good write-up and photos. Thanks.

Many thanks too to the Flying 8 Ball for their excellent organisation of this splendid rally. This is a great location, and the facilities are first rate (thanks to the landlord too).

As ever, lots of talk of Davos, and some good friendships made and re-made.

Thanks also to all the people who braved the weather and contributed to the weekend (except the England football team, who played the worst and longest 90 minutes in history).

Martin
Knowledge

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Nice write up Trev, you can have a few weeks off now let your botty recover.
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby byron » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:17 pm

good write up & pics :D Glad you enjoyed it

bamrattle wrote:Bad ass rat muther 5ucker splitty and if my old skool vw memory serves, sat on raidars if iam not wrong
yep, Radars, well repos of
byron

Return to UK Rallies & Events