LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My Newark selection

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

My Newark selection

Postby bamrattle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Well the Newark 30th anniversary national has certainly sparked off some controversary..
So heres a few pics and my usual comments too share with you that may shed a different veiw to the rally

Friday morning Myself & Dom were all loaded and ready to go

Fuel stop on the A1 just after Stamford mid arvo

On arrival to site we met up with Mark and Vicki from essex who had saved us a camping spot on the allready busy site. So with tent up and catch up time done

I took the chance to snap a few pics of vicki's newly revamped scoot..

Which is also ridden !! unlike a few i could mention that were nearby :roll:

All this was too much for Dom who decided a 5min nap was in order

As the 1st few beers didnt last long we decided a site recky was in order and to track down the mobile shop, which was doing a roaring trade due to the bar not opening till 8pm.. At this point can i say I brought 6 cans of carling and 2 bottles of water cost me under a tenner which i dont have an issue with..

while wandering round i merrily snapped away at the at the scoots, that wern't hidden amongst or in the back of camper vans.

3 wheels on my wagon

Ok thats fri nights picture session over, so its back to the tents a quick change ond off to the evening do, it was around 9.30pm now and at the hall entrance it was over run with security checking wrist bands before entry..
Once in i can only say it was like pea's in a pod.. There were bars either side of the stage and 4 serving staff to each. The waiting to be served was beyond a joke and this was only fri night.. Nuff said early night with a few tinnys..

Sat morning dawns so me and mark decide to search out the Breakfast hall and showers.. Which were the other side of the camp, with the showers free i was in nice and early while mark sorted the food out..
Here i must say 2 full english with 2 tea's came to a staggering £17. That does take the piss.

Once we were fed it was back, with a flying visit through the excellent parts fair "Must get back for that asap" grab scoots and get them in the custom show.
Now i stand to be corrected but most custom show's have entry cut off times.. Well each time i revisited the hall during the day more & more bikes seemed to be appearing even up to the 4pm judging time.. Surley this is unfair on those who make a positive effort in showing to the general public..

Anyway highlight of the day for me was the 100 mph Sprint strip.

Here i have tried a bit of burst shooting trying to capture the start line get aways

Here come Team Inderciperables

Right that gives you some idea of the valant efforts made by the racers. After my fill of this i had a wander back to the custom show snapping pics as i went back.

My what a fine pair

This pair were impressive down the strip

Custom show bikes

Well done Cobby

The very pretty Miss Vass onboard the even more georgous Start me up.. Thanks Mark

Later that evening we were invited the the Vass family barby. What a spread laid on.. Thanks Willy
Dom Mark Dom Which one ?????

Sue, vicki & donna chatting

Chatting and chilling

Dom falls for andy s1 decor,

Ran a tad lean caused by a broken tank strap trapping the fuel line an causing this melt down

Spotted these on the way back from the barby

Named and shamed

Right thats your lot.. Yes the rally had some issues but iam sure it can be resolved if its held again nxt yr..
bamrattle

Re: My Newark selection

Postby Mike-Allen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:06 am

Great set of pictures. Thanks for sharing 8-)
Mike-Allen

Postby Tractorman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:28 am

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.
Tractorman

Postby DaveTomo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:37 am

Excellent pictures & write up Trev
DaveTomo

Postby Donnie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 am

Great pictures indeed mate, I admit I brought my camera but ended up putting it back in the tent due to my frustrations of the rally, definitely NOT going back next year
Donnie

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 am

Well done Trev', an honour and a pleasure to spend the weekend with you, Dom, Mark and Vicki. Just one thing though, you could have put a pic up of mine in the show, :( . Not cleaning YOUR scoot with baby wipes any more!

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby speedy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Some great photos ther mi duck and a very honest portrayal of the rally. Showground rallies are what they are and you have seen that the main issues were caused by the greedy, ill equipped and totally useless owners/managers of the showground. Thanks for sharing. :D
speedy

Postby peejay » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:31 pm

thanks for the pics Trev :)
peejay

Postby OldSkool21 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Excellent write up and picture's
OldSkool21

Postby Metal - Guru » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Cool photos - thanks for sharing :D
Metal - Guru

Postby pharrisRB225 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Love the sprint shots
pharrisRB225

Postby cobby56 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 am

Excellent selection of pics Trev thanks for sharing. Your comments re custom show are bang on, I contacted the organisers well in advance of the event to find out if you needed to enter or could you just turn up on the day, I was told you needed to be set up by 9.30 as the doors opened to public at 10, so with that in mind I arrived well before 9am. Total farce, as was the presentation at the end. Now I appreciate the custom show is only a small part of the day and I don't know if it was just a lack of experience with organising large events, but I don't think there's been a rally recently that's caused so much controversy across the board. Shame really as the potential was there.
cobby56

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:38 pm

cobby56 wrote:Excellent selection of pics Trev thanks for sharing. Your comments re custom show are bang on, I contacted the organisers well in advance of the event to find out if you needed to enter or could you just turn up on the day, I was told you needed to be set up by 9.30 as the doors opened to public at 10, so with that in mind I arrived well before 9am. Total farce, as was the presentation at the end. Now I appreciate the custom show is only a small part of the day and I don't know if it was just a lack of experience with organising large events, but I don't think there's been a rally recently that's caused so much controversy across the board. Shame really as the potential was there.

I agree with all the above Cobby especially the trophy presentation bit. The PA was so loud that it was inaudible. It was about 45 mins late (4.45) and all I wanted to do was get the scooter out in the end so I could go get a drink. The trophy winners were all just reeled off in succession without a break so it was impossible to see or hear who had won what. Think there were a few lessons to be learned there. As for someone bringing their scooter in to the show at 3.50, well that just wasn't in the spirit of things and unfair to those that had been there all day.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby Hong Kong Phooey » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Cracking pictures covering all aspects. Glad you posted some of the sprinting. Ta Trev
Hong Kong Phooey

Postby byron » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 am

good pics, thanks

nice to see one of my Serveta, in the middle here.
I'd ridden up for the day with Jim Rose [his Li behind mine] to break our engines in
I thought the event ok, but didn't need food, or beer...
byron

Postby scooterstu » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Great Pics, i had the same thoughts about the place. i only went for the saturday but ended up staying the night in a friends tent. Took my lad so had to go in the car (L plates you see). Overall i enjoyed it.
scooterstu

Postby trev t » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 pm

well shot nice piccys...
like the red auto lammy vickys very tasty...
trev t

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 pm

trev t wrote:well shot nice piccys...
like the red auto lammy vickys very tasty...

Agrees Trev', not really into Auto's but Vicki's is something special,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Return to UK Rallies & Events