LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

my BSRA Weston-s-Mare pics

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Re: my BSRA Weston-s-Mare pics

Postby Eden » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:57 am

68Sxandy wrote:Is it me or am i getting an anti mod vibe? Personally i am 51 and if it wasn't for that film i certainly wouldn't be here now. i was a mod and still feel like i am a mod, can't quite cut it in the whole mod clothes thing but i do like the look and appreciate all scooters. How many of you would be here if it wasn't for the 79' revival ?

im proud to say I was a mod back in the day and proud to say its still in me deep down. But there is a huge void between the plastic crap seen at nationals and what I would call a proper mod scooter.

im not anti mod, im anti plastic mods taking over two good scenes.

I havent been on an untouchables rally for about ten years. It would be a real shame if the pork pie union jack brigade have diluted their rallys to.

Just my view. im sure we all have differing opinions though.
Eden

Postby mainstand » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 am

I am in the same boat. Still say I am a mod to people even though I dont wear any clothing associated with 'mod', I have moved on to fake designer clothes. 8-)
mainstand

Postby Timexit17 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 am

I think they have started to attend the 'proper' mod rallies too Eden -if you remember the flak that appeared on the letters pages of a well known magazine after a review of the previous Brighton mod rally.

Frankly I still feel most go to IOW as they know they won't 'cut it' at Brighton or don't want to stick to a dress code.

I think I'm with most here though -anti -plastics and anti -'scooter fans' who don't even have a bloody scooter at all!
Timexit17

Postby HxPaul » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:23 pm

68Sxandy wrote:Is it me or am i getting an anti mod vibe? Personally i am 51 and if it wasn't for that film i certainly wouldn't be here now. i was a mod and still feel like i am a mod, can't quite cut it in the whole mod clothes thing but i do like the look and appreciate all scooters. How many of you would be here if it wasn't for the 79' revival ?

I started riding scooters in the mid 60s,firstly on a BSA Sunbeam 250,then vespas until I got my first Lambretta in 1968,a brand new SX200.In those days it was cool to be a mod.I haven't even seen "that film" so it deffinitely wasn't my reason for getting into the scooter/mod scene.By the way,good pictures Peejay.
HxPaul

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Well there's a first, somebody who has not seen "That Film". Anyone else not seen it?

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Digger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:Well there's a first, somebody who has not seen "That Film". Anyone else not seen it?

Rich'

I've seen it once but it was so long ago I can't remember when or much about it..

Bought my first scooter in 1970. ;)

I saw Easyrider and went out and bought a Triumph Speed Twin with "apehangers"..... :shock:
Digger

Postby peejay » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Timexit17 wrote:Frankly I still feel most go to IOW as they know they won't 'cut it' at Brighton or don't want to stick to a dress code.

that's me for sure, you know me so well Tim :lol:
peejay

Previous

Return to UK Rallies & Events