LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My Lands End to John O Groats Photos May 2014

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

My Lands End to John O Groats Photos May 2014

Postby craigbsm » Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 pm

*************************************************************************************
THESE PHOTOS ARE QUITE LARGE YOU MAY HAVE TO PRESS CONTROL MINUS
ON YOUR BROWSER TO SEE ALL THE PHOTO.
**************************************************************************************

Myles, Colyn and Derek outside the Thursday night meet up location the Castle Inn St Ives, Cornwall.......... were on holiday : )

Craig at the Lands End signpost, Friday morning ready for the off.

Myles at the Lands End signpost, Friday morning ready for the off.

Colynn at the Lands End signpost, Friday morning ready for the off.

Derek at the Lands End signpost, Friday morning ready for the off.

Team Doncaster Hunters SC ready for the LEJOG onslaught....

Team Doncaster Hunters SC ready for the LEJOG onslaught....

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Derek Jepson - Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Craig Standeven and Derek Jepson, Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Diddy Barker - York SC.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Diddy, Hayley and Spike.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Craigs TV200.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Daz Ashford - Louth Scooterists.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. Jon Ashford - Louth Scooterists.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. At End Point Nevis Centre Fort William, Ben Nevis in Background. Spike - Leeds Central SC.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. At End Point Nevis Centre Fort William, Ben Nevis in Background, Derek Jepson - Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 3 - Jedburgh to Fort William in the Scottish Highlands. At End Point Nevis Centre Fort William, Ben Nevis in Background, Craig Standeven - Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At start point Nevis Centre, Fort William. Getting ready for the off.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At start point Nevis Centre, Fort William. Getting ready for the off.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At start point Nevis Centre, Fort William. Getting ready for the off, Weeksy and Mark Bedson.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At start point Nevis Centre, Fort William. Getting ready for the off, Paul and Kev from Devizes.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point, Derek Jepson - Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point, Derek Jepson, Craig Standeven - Doncaster Hunters SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point, Andy Vass, Martin Robinson and Paul Dodsworth.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point, Craig Standeven.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at John O Groats finish point, Toot.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At finish point, Mick Gervin.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, The Indecipherables SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, The Indecipherables SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Chris Canavan, happy to arrive !!

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Chris Canavan, happy to arrive !!

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Chris Butler.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At the John O Groats Signpost, The Indecipherables SC scooters.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Martin Watts, Modrapheniacs SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Paul Wood, Paul Parsonage and John Laker, Modrapheniacs SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Chris Pulleyblank, Modrapheniacs SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Donna Robinson, Warsop Sinners SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Dom Wake, Middleton St George SC.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At the John O Groats Signpost, Donna and Martin Robinson, Andy Vass, Dom Wake and Sue Moffatt.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Diddy Barker and Spike.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Hayley Owen.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At the John O Groats Signpost, Hayley Owen, Spike and Diddy Barker.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Bondy, Mark Bedson and Jain McGarty.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Kevin Earley..

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Paul McNeil.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Paul Price.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Paul Baldwin.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Wendy Karim.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - Arriving at finish point, Kevin Earley and Paul McNeil.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At the John O Groats Signpost, Weeksy, Mark Bedson, Jain McGarty, Bondy, Paul Price, Paul Baldwn, Wendy Karim.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - At the John O Groats Signpost, Weeksy, Wendy Karim, Paul Price and Paul Baldwin.

LEJOG Stage 4 - Fort William to John O Groats - My trusty TV200, 950 miles and no breakdowns, not even a misfire. Only hitch my digital speedo stopped
working for 30 miles on stage 1.

The final sign off, all the riders, except for the 3 lads from the Wisemen Trevor Newell, Dominic Parker and Mike Bell who arrived about 10 minutes atfer we took the
photo.

Congratulations to the 33 lambretta riders completing all 4 stages and the full 950 miles, you are a credit to the lambretta riding community !!!

Andy Vass, Chris Allison, Chris Butler, Chris Canavan, Chris Pulleyblank, Craig Standeven, Darren Ashford, Derek Jepson, Dave Barker, Dom Wake,
Dominic Parker, Doug Miller, Eden Bakewell, Hayley Owen, John Laker, Jon Ashford-Smith, Karl Horton, Kevin Earley, Mark Bedson,
Martin Robinson, Martin Watts, Martin Weeks, Mick Gervin, Mike Bell, Paul Baldwin, Paul Dodsworth, Paul McNeil, Paul Parsonage, Paul Wood, Simon Collins,
Steve Bond, Trevor Newell and Wendy Karim.

Jain McGarty rode stages 1/3/4, broke down and recovered on stage 2.

Nigel Hadley rode stage 4. Gearbox problems stage 2 and 3.

Paul Price rode stages 3 and 4.

Donna Robinson rode stages 1 and 4.

Sue Moffat rode stage 3, drove the van on stage 4.

Colyn Mason and Myles Grayson rode stage 1 and half of stage 2.

Michael Pontin rode stage 1.

Kirsty Bond, Paul O Cain, Paul Wyatts, John Jack and Stuart Wright drove vans all the way up the country.

Retirements ;

Colyn Mason retired on day 2 after coming off on a roundabout in Darlington, and Myles Grayson also retired on stage 2 with engine
problems, (No threads on his mag flange for his flywheel cowl).

Michael Pontin aborted after stage 1 as he was camping all the way up and the adverse weather was proving too much at 63 years old !!

We (Doncaster Hunters SC) have so far raised approx £1500 for Cancer Research UK, thanks to anyone who has sponsored us. Our justgiving page is
still open ;

http://www.justgiving.com/craig-standeven" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, Craig Standeven, LCGB Committee and Doncaster Hunters SC.
craigbsm

Re: My Lands End to John O Groats Photos May 2014

Postby Darlospeed » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:13 am

Great photos Craig and write up. Thanks to all the committee and everyone who took part. I have a feeling there will be a demand to do this again - but only when everyone has completely dried out :D
Darlospeed

Postby jonashford » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:24 am

Great fotos, and thnx for the final data on the completed journey and riders, shows just how far these little machines can be pushed for our enjoyment. :D :D :D :D
jonashford

Postby Andy-DL » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:28 am

Fantastic photos, write up and achievement - thanks for posting Craig. Hats off to all who made it happen, and those who took part.
Andy-DL

Postby steveiow » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 am

Well done all of you. Brilliant effort. I hope Andy Vass didn't get too chaffed in his leathers :o
steveiow

Postby donna3122 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:18 am

Darlospeed wrote:Great photos Craig and write up. Thanks to all the committee and everyone who took part. I have a feeling there will be a demand to do this again - but only when everyone has completely dried out :D

Lets hope it happens again Sue But next time the boys can drive the van and we can do all legs !! x
donna3122

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Great pics and write up Craig, well done on organising and actually doing the
Event as well
Toddy

Postby Jimmers » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Excellent photos and well done to all
Great trip
Jimmers

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Fantastic Craig and to all who did the event, big, big respect. Great write up and summary of events, it's just a slight shame that a lot of the photo's are only showing half of the content on here and on other threads. Teething problem that may be rectified in time.

Very well done to you all.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby mcbrid » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 am

Photos showing fine on my machine....

Well done to everyone I passed going South from Kelso as you all battled your way North!

They were truly awful conditions and I had to think that I was riding through the torrential rain and it was actually following you all!

Brilliant effort lads and lasses!
mcbrid

Postby Doddy63 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Excellent photos Craig, grate 5 days away but still tired it knock it out of me
Doddy63

Postby weeks » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Doddy63 wrote:Excellent photos Craig, grate 5 days away but still tired it knock it out of me

:) ............ Know what you mean but all smiles after the first day

weeks

Postby bamrattle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 pm

The 3 wisemen At the start

And yes we were last to finish but but as toddy says "we pride ourselfs in being last"

A huge thanks to Kirsty bond for all the support she gave us.. Never leaving her post 1st class support driver..
bamrattle

Postby Toddy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Well done buddy on coming last great effort ;) and praising Kirstie won't make you
A honorary northerner :lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby piskie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:53 am

Great event me leathers just dryed out and I raised £1300 for cancer research
piskie

Return to UK Rallies & Events