LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

The Greek Rally - 4-8 June 2015

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: The Greek Rally - 4-8 June 2015

Postby ladsdad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi All

Is anyone interested in going/ pooling travel costs, this sounds really good!!

Mark.
ladsdad

Postby coaster » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:44 am

I'd be interested in understanding the logistics of getting to and from Ancona/Bari....probably a complete non-starter but you never know 8-)

Colin
coaster

Postby xenia1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:11 pm

coaster wrote:I'd be interested in understanding the logistics of getting to and from Ancona/Bari....probably a complete non-starter but you never know 8-)

Colin

Its an easy route Colin, from Calais-Reims-Nancy-Mulhouse, into Switzerland at Basel, onto Lucerne and into Italy at Lugano onto Milan, Bologna and Ancona. Ferries with Blueline run to Patras and take (at a guess from memory 22hrs). You can get the ferry to Patras from Bari but its a further 400 odd km on toll roads taking you through Pescara but obviously the ferry crossing is shorter. Youll save no time though and with the fuel and toll costs its cheaper to go from Ancona.
This is the most cost effective way into Greece by road/ferry. Croatia is another option but its not without its pitfalls and unless youre familiar with routes through the area wouldnt recommend it. Hope this is of some help to you.

Andy ;)
xenia1

Postby coaster » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 pm

xenia1 wrote:
coaster wrote:I'd be interested in understanding the logistics of getting to and from Ancona/Bari....probably a complete non-starter but you never know 8-)

Colin

Its an easy route Colin, from Calais-Reims-Nancy-Mulhouse, into Switzerland at Basel, onto Lucerne and into Italy at Lugano onto Milan, Bologna and Ancona. Ferries with Blueline run to Patras and take (at a guess from memory 22hrs). You can get the ferry to Patras from Bari but its a further 400 odd km on toll roads taking you through Pescara but obviously the ferry crossing is shorter. Youll save no time though and with the fuel and toll costs its cheaper to go from Ancona.
This is the most cost effective way into Greece by road/ferry. Croatia is another option but its not without its pitfalls and unless youre familiar with routes through the area wouldnt recommend it. Hope this is of some help to you.

Andy ;)

Cheers Andy, it was only a brief flirtation tbh, I already checked the route via the AA site and it's over a thousand miles....the trip needs 3 weeks minimum so with some regret, I'm out. Good luck to anyone who does tackle it from the UK though and well done to Nassos and friends, it does sound amazing 8-)
coaster

Postby Nassos » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 am

I have heard that there are some people from UK who will ship their scooters into a van to Italy.
then they will fly and collect them and sail to Greece on a ferry.
This will save them a lot of time.
cost on the other hand will be something affordable, since they will share the shipping of theirs scooters on the van.

If you find a way to ship your scooter to Athens, you may find very cheap flights from UK to Greece and back.
We can help with the scooter storage for anyone who wish to do this.

I know that a trip to Greece is not the easiest thing, especially for people from northern countries and UK.

but on the other hand this would be a lifetime experience I guess...
Nassos

Postby soulster22 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Gents,

we are sending a Van & trailer to Italy - Ancona loaded with our scooters. the other 4 gentlemen will then fly into Ancona (£50.00 return) and meet up.

then offload the scooters and leave the van at secure parking in Ancona. we board the ferry for the 24 hour trip to Greece on our 6 Lambrettas and then

participate in the Greek Rally. we then get the return ferry back to Ancona where 2 of our scooters will carry on to Austria for the Euro Lambretta. we then

load the van leaving 2 men to share the driving back to the UK and 2 men will fly out from Ancona.

top bit of planning there gentlemen , comments please.

Nassos if you are reading this could you please respond to my email

regards Harry (SOULSTER22)
soulster22

Postby Innocenti225 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Never been called a Gentleman before
Innocenti225

Postby xenia1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:45 pm

soulster22 wrote:

top bit of planning there gentlemen , comments please.

regards Harry (SOULSTER22)

Sounds a good plan Harry.
There is secure parking at the ferry port, ive left my car there a couple of times for two weeks at a time and never had a problem.
Hope things work out ok, the routes and intinery Nassos has planned are a sight to see and you'll certainly have the sun and temps at peak season to look forward to, certainly much warmer than at this years Euro..

Andy ;)
xenia1

Postby Nassos » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:19 pm

There is still time to book for the rally.
I understand that you will need firstly to arrange sending your scooters to Italy or Greece (possibly on a van or trailer) as there is a long distance to ride down here from UK.
If anyone needs any help, please let me know so to investigate further and see what can be done.
Nassos

Postby soulster22 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:52 am

Good morning Gents,

As an aside, is anybody doing the Greek rally and then riding to Austria from Ancona for the Eurolambretta.

one of our lot is going to do that and wondered if he could tag along on the way to Austria.

regards H
soulster22

Postby soulster22 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:53 pm

soulster22 wrote:Good morning Gents,

As an aside, is anybody doing the Greek rally and then riding to Austria from Ancona for the Eurolambretta.

one of our lot is going to do that and wondered if he could tag along on the way to Austria.

regards H

forget that gents as he has now cancelled. we are still going and have a space available should anybody want to join us.

we are taking the scooters to ancona via van and meeting the others there where we will offload our scooters and get the ferry.

reverse of this for return journey.

regards Harry
soulster22

Postby Nassos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:29 pm

something goes wrong with the facebook event
therefore we had to create a new one, which you are kindly request to follow from now and on

https://www.facebook.com/events/836226839756746

apologies for any inconvenience caused here with this mess
Nassos

Postby soulster22 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Just a quick heads up to see if anybody else is doing the Greek Rally. we are all booked and paid up and think that it will be fantastic but wondered if anybody else

will be joining us on the Ancona Ferry or in Greece.

regards H
soulster22

Postby Nassos » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:11 pm

I know that there will be another 5 from England and 2 from Scotland if I am not wrong.
And they have all booked via Ancona.

There will be another 3 British coming to the event, but they will not come via Ancona.
Nassos

Postby Nassos » Sun May 31, 2015 11:55 pm

This is the entry list.
People coming from Italy, England, Cyprus & Scotland.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a4kb2lk3dudc ... f.pdf?dl=0

by clicking the above link you may open the list (pdf)

Many thanks to all the people who are coming to our event. We hope you will have a great time.

Cheers,

Nassos
Nassos

SPONSORS

Postby Nassos » Sun May 31, 2015 11:56 pm

3 of our sponsors
here are the ones involved into Lambrettas.
many thanks for sponsoring our event
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nassos

Postby soulster22 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 am

just back from the Greek Rally and it is the best thing that I have ever done on two wheels.The LCH people were fantastic and really put a lot of effort into making the rally such a successful event.

The roads and scenery were out of this world and the accommodation and food were top drawer. I would like to personally thank Nassos and the others from the Lambretta Club Hellas for making the trip

such an enjoyable one and we will all certainly be attending the next one. To top off a fantastic trip I also won the trophy for best Lambretta DL / GP which was totally unexpected so thanks again.

it was also great to meet Kirk st Moritz and the other LCGB and Scottish Lambretta Club members together with Dean and the rest of the Rimini Lambretta lot who made the trip that bit more rewarding.

hopefully somebody more savvy than me will post up some pictures or if interested visit the greek rally facebook page

regards H (Soulster22)
soulster22

Postby Manos » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 am

We had a great time!

It was nice to meet other people from Italy, Cyprus and Great Britan!
Manos

Postby Wob8s68 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Great times had ! A magical experience ! Thanks again Lee G
Wob8s68

Postby xenia1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:59 pm

A shame theres nothing on the Euro calender for Greece...now that would be something.. 8-)
xenia1

PreviousNext

Return to International Rallies & Events