LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

First Eurolambretta

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: First Eurolambretta

Postby Solid Air » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:05 pm

Now that sounds like a cracking trip!
Solid Air

Postby Knowledge » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 am

That sounds like an amazing trip. I was planning something similar until my wife pointed out that we were in the USA until a few days before the Belgian Euro, and then I had to go back to work. :cry:

Enjoy your ride.
Knowledge

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 pm

I’m sure it will be a great trip although I’ll not have time too enjoy the sights unfortunately, head down hopefully averaging 450 miles a day. Most of the boats booked (4 out of 7) and just debating wether too do 50/50 camping/ cheap Hostels/ Air BnB.
ULC Soulagent

Postby Nudger » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:I’m sure it will be a great trip although I’ll not have time too enjoy the sights unfortunately, head down hopefully averaging 450 miles a day. Most of the boats booked (4 out of 7) and just debating wether too do 50/50 camping/ cheap Hostels/ Air BnB.

450 miles a day yikes...I'd go hostels/Air BnB if I were you
Nudger

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Nudger wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:I’m sure it will be a great trip although I’ll not have time too enjoy the sights unfortunately, head down hopefully averaging 450 miles a day. Most of the boats booked (4 out of 7) and just debating wether too do 50/50 camping/ cheap Hostels/ Air BnB.

450 miles a day yikes...I'd go hostels/Air BnB if I were you[/quote

I know it’s gonna be a long slog 8-10hrs riding at least :cry: got a few hostels booked already and reasonably priced £38
ULC Soulagent

Postby bike grim » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:30 pm

450 miles a day! Going some that Shane
bike grim

Postby compass » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 pm

450 miles a day, that's gonna hurt! I can offer a little advice having done 5 euros........book an extra week ;) :D
Fair play to you though, we are going on to Sweeden and Denmark ( 2 weeks max for us including the euro) but we try try to limit to 250miles max a day with 180 miles being perfect for a nice leisurely jaunt on the smaller roads, also we have to stop for a proper sit down lunch or a certain member of our group starts having a paddy and throws all his toys out the pram :lol:
It's all in the planning and it sounds like you have done that, so hats off and maybe we will cross paths on our exit of Belgium 8-)
compass

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24 pm

compass wrote:450 miles a day, that's gonna hurt! I can offer a little advice having done 5 euros........book an extra week ;) :D
Fair play to you though, we are going on to Sweeden and Denmark ( 2 weeks max for us including the euro) but we try try to limit to 250miles max a day with 180 miles being perfect for a nice leisurely jaunt on the smaller roads, also we have to stop for a proper sit down lunch or a certain member of our group starts having a paddy and throws all his toys out the pram :lol:
It's all in the planning and it sounds like you have done that, so hats off and maybe we will cross paths on our exit of Belgium 8-)

That’s the thing Compass, time is against me or I would have included Russia into this trip, so it’s gonna be a tough ask from both myself and my Scooter. Is ur touring team heading for Sweden/ Denmark b4 euro event or after?
ULC Soulagent

Postby dickie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Just to put that into perspective if you haven't done much touring.

I planned a trip a couple of years ago which was 400 to 500 per day. My mates were really piseed off with me as they reckoned it was too much. It was fine for me.

We were all riding 750cc or bigger touring bikes.

What I'm saying is that not everyone and every bike/saddle/arse is suited to it.

I hope you enjoy yourself, but 450 per day on a lambretta! Good luck mate.
dickie

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am

dickie wrote:Just to put that into perspective if you haven't done much touring.

I planned a trip a couple of years ago which was 400 to 500 per day. My mates were really piseed off with me as they reckoned it was too much. It was fine for me.

We were all riding 750cc or bigger touring bikes.

What I'm saying is that not everyone and every bike/saddle/arse is suited to it.

I hope you enjoy yourself, but 450 per day on a lambretta! Good luck mate.

I’ve done the touring on our shopping trolleys for a while although the most I’ve rode in one day is 350 miles so with my trusty airhawk seat I’m thinking another 100 miles on top shouldn’t be an issue since I’m doing it solo 8-) thanks for the good luck Dickie
ULC Soulagent

Postby compass » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 am

ULC Soulagent wrote:
compass wrote:450 miles a day, that's gonna hurt! I can offer a little advice having done 5 euros........book an extra week ;) :D

That’s the thing Compass, time is against me or I would have included Russia into this trip, so it’s gonna be a tough ask from both myself and my Scooter. Is ur touring team heading for Sweden/ Denmark b4 euro event or after?

Not confirmed, but most likely after.
Plan to leave on the Sunday and head towards Lubeck with a ferry to Trelleborg in Sweeden.
compass

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am

compass wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:

Not confirmed, but most likely after.
Plan to leave on the Sunday and head towards Lubeck with a ferry to Trelleborg in Sweeden.

Nice one :D should be good trip
ULC Soulagent

Previous

Return to International Rallies & Events