LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

First Eurolambretta

Promote Rallies from around the world.

First Eurolambretta

Postby fastfreddiescat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:17 pm

I am looking at doing next years Eurolambretta, but i have never done one before....what can i expect? Is it a tent thing in a big field, like the IOW but driving on the wrong side of the road? When can i get the tickets? What else can you tell me?
fastfreddiescat

Re: First Eurolambretta

Postby missing lynx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Usual it's camping friday evening meal is provided as is breakfast on sat and sunday and there is a 3 course gala meal on Saturday night they are great fun and a brilliant experience applications will be in the jetset around Christmas all you need is LCGB Membership and a full bike licence and be lucky enough to get a ticket
missing lynx

Postby Knowledge » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:41 pm

When I did my first Euro, we arranged to hire a house within walking distance of the site. It worked ok, but we felt we were a “bit out of it” and ever since we have tented it. It leaves you at the centre of things and the facilities on site are usually pretty good: a cut above many UK rallies. Of course, carrying a tent means you can use it during your journey to the other side of Europe. The disadvantage is that you have to carry the tent, sleeping bag and roll mat.

Of course, Belgium doesn’t require multiple days (and nights) of travel, but many have decided to add some days on before the rally, which might require al fresco living.

Ticket application forms arrive in Jetset in the New Year. Expect lots of people applying for tickets in 2020, due to the proximity of the rally to the UK.
Knowledge

Postby bookertmgs1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:24 pm

I agree tickets will be in demand due to Belgium being so close - suspect there will be a few more than the 350 who attended the Poland rally this year. As soon as you get the form follow the instructions and send it off.

Camping can be great - especially if there’s no nearby town but everyone to their own. Sometimes it’s nice not to have to lunk a full kit out around and just have a decent bed and shower after a weeks riding.

I always prefer the Friday night to the Gala dinner - more relaxed no 2 hour presentation to sit through.

I’m certain that the Belgians have listened to some of the comments over recent years and next years will be a cracker
bookertmgs1

Postby Nudger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 am

Watch these, it'll give you a taste....but don't forget it's more about the journey than the destination (in my opinion)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHEFDubXhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIqJlkMBnq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikWinMRgOc
Nudger

Postby Solid Air » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:14 pm

They're great fun! Take a week or two off work and use it to explore, chill and enjoy riding your scooter through some great roads and scenery, sampling local culinary delights along the way, not forgetting the people that you meet all add to the mix.

Will you be riding alone or with mates? Don't be scared of going solo, particularly if you're handy with the spanners, make some contacts and use the forum or Facebook etc for support or assistance along the way. I've found riding solo or with one or two others makes it easier to interact with locals/people along the way if that's your thing.

The Euros mean different things to different people but I would guess that pretty much everyone enjoys the camaraderie and the excuse to have a drink or two with like-minded others that have made the trip. The rally is the reason to go but it's only the half-way point of the trip.

If your going to go directly to the rally next year then I'm sure you'll enjoy it but it is only a day's ride from the ferry or tunnel terminal. If you've got the time go exploring, me and a mate are heading to Gent then the Black Forest and the B500 Schwarzwaldhochstrasse. The German roads and scenery are particularly good.

Whatever you do do it, you won't regret it 8-)

Mark
Solid Air

Postby Knowledge » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Sound advice Mark.

Yes, the size of the crew has a big effect on the success of the journey. I've done journeys in pairs, as part of a foursome and the biggest crew was six.

A mate who was part of a 12 once had a miserable journey as indecision and personal objectives got in the way of a smooth ride. Four is plenty.
Knowledge

Postby Timexit17 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:21 am

The size of the group depends on how organised they are IMHO.
Longest Euro I've been on was Germany 2007 and I went with 13 and a backup van -but it was the Modras who are pretty well organised and very well experienced and I had a great time, despite the weather!

Good waterproofs are a MUST, despite what weather forecasts might suggest, share the spares between similar bikes and make sure you have tools for everything you have knowledge to fix and don't bother with anything bulky/heavy tool wise you can't use.
A good map as a backup to mobile phone apps, an emergency 'phone charger, and some good parcetamol for after the gala dinner!
Bon chance et bon voyage!
Timexit17

Postby Knowledge » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Oh yes Tim, good waterproofs, and a spare pair of gloves.

I use paracetamol to pre-medicate before I start a day’s riding.
Knowledge

Postby Solid Air » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 pm

I prefer Ibuprofen Martin ;) and only 1 spare pair of gloves? Think I took 3 to Poland :lol: :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Other brands may be available... & yes it was 3 Mark & I was confused/worried :lol:
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Solid Air » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 pm

:o :oops: :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Covboy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:07 pm

I can’t wait. 3 of us going , Planning cov to arras day 1 ,270 ish miles, nice day 2 ride arrive in Libramont Friday ...just hope I can get a ticket :shock:
Covboy

Postby Solid Air » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Thought that said 1,270 miles for a mo, that'd be one hell of a scenic route! :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Covboy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Form and cheque posted!!!!!
Covboy

Postby fastfreddiescat » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:27 pm

I have got this months Jetset and application so I will be sending it off this evening. Is it first come first served or lottery or if you apply you get in?
fastfreddiescat

Postby missing lynx » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Probably a lottery as the Jetsets are aren't sent all in one go but if it's like the last Belgium euro it was over subscribed so fingers crossed we all get tickets, normally they have a date for application and won't accept them before that date but this time it's just send by
missing lynx

Postby steveg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Every year there is a thread about Euro ticket availability.
Although LCGB cannot guarantee ticket allocation from host clubs the truth is that up to now NO ONE who has applied correctly and in time has not been issued a ticket, and there is no reason to believe that this will change for the 2020 Euro.
I hope this reassures some
steveg

Postby missing lynx » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:18 pm

I couldn't get one for the last euro in Belgium, managed to get one via the LCI in the end
missing lynx

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:43 pm

I wonder if there’ll be another Battle of Britain reenactment scene :lol:
Really looking forward to Belgium and my onward trip to Estonia and pay my respects too the late great Joey Dunlop who died racing out there 20yrs ago :cry: then hopefully onwards over into Finland( still mulling going into Russia but time might be against me). Then into Sweden think there’s a small scooter museum on route to Norway and take in a small rally in the southern region. Then crack on back too Blighty :D
ULC Soulagent

Next

Return to International Rallies & Events