LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Towing a trailer in EU after Brexit

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Towing a trailer in EU after Brexit

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:54 pm

Extract from the Swiftcover website with FAQ’s about travelling in EU after Brexit.

Do I need to carry any other additional documents if I’m driving with a trailer?

Yes. You’ll need a separate green card for any trailer you plan to take with you on your trip. Depending on the size and type of trailer, you might need to register it with the DVLA so they can issue a separate registration number for it before you travel outside of the UK. Find out more on the DVLA website.

If your trailer has been issued with its own registration number, it’ll be shown on the green card. If it doesn’t have a registration number, the green card will show the trailer’s serial number or chassis number instead.

I did not know this and I guess it applies to PAV trailers as well any trailers that your support vehicle might be towing.

Just saying.
Knowledge

Re: Towing a trailer in EU after Brexit

Postby burnside » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:26 am

According to the DVLA it is only commercial trailers over 750kg and non-commercial over 3500kg https://www.gov.uk/guidance/trailer-registration so think you should be ok with a PAV
burnside

Return to International Rallies & Events