LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Rev-up4DSI

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Rev-up4DSI

Postby Marty ULC » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm

For anyone wanting a good excuse to ride some of Ireland's finest back roads over the May bank holiday and raise money for a good cause check out Rev-up4DSI.
http://revup4dsi.ie/about/
Here's a list of FAQs;

Rev-up4DSI…FAQ’s.

1. What is Rev-up4DSI?
Rev-up4DSI is an annual 1,000km motorcycle tour over challenging Irish roads in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland. It is a great motorcycling experience where riders enjoy their bikes and in doing so they are helping people who require extra supports.

2. How do I participate? Register by logging onto http://revup4dsi.ie/ or call 01 4266500.

3. How much do I need to raise? Riders must raise a minimum of €500 to participate. If you are taking a pillion passenger, they have to raise an additional €500 to take part.

4. Where do I stay? Accommodation is pre booked for you for both nights of the event.

5. Do I have to pay for accommodation on top? No, accommodation (two nights), breakfasts and evening meals are covered in the costs (at massively reduced rates, thus allowing maximum funds benefit DSI).

6. Where do I go to register on the day of the event? Registration takes place on Saturday May 2nd 2015 in Joe Duffy’s BMW Dealership, Just off the M50.(Finglas exit) between 8am and 10am.

7. Do we all travel together? No. We request that riders stick to small groups on the road. You can choose to ride in a group that best suits your style (i.e. cruisers, small bikes, experienced riders, etc.) and abilities.

8. Do I carry my own luggage on my bike? This is at the rider’s discretion. DSI provides a service whereby your luggage is carried in designated vans for your safety and comfort. Luggage will be delivered to your Hotel.

9. What are the destinations/routes? Destinations and routes are not divulged prior to the event. This adds an element of fun to the weekend as well as preventing hangers on (that haven’t fundraised) etc joining in. Rev Up picks the route and you are advised of the first leg when you depart from the starting point. There will be 2 check points during each days run and you are encouraged to complete the suggested route.

10. When is the event? The event takes place on the May Bank Holiday weekend 2015 (May 2nd-4th).

11. How many Kilometres are covered? The route is between 1,000 and 1,200 Kilometres over three days.

12. What time do we get back to Dublin? We aim to be back in Dublin for approximately 5pm. (final check point and destination TBC)

13. What should I pack? It is a casual weekend so pack light and for comfort. If you require any prescription medications (inhalers etc) please remember to carry them with you (enough for one day’s dosage). Allowing for our climate, packing spare gloves and socks etc is no harm.

14. Can I bring cash/cheques along to registration? For security reasons, we request that all monies are lodged /paid prior to the event. All cheques/money orders/drafts should be made out to Down Syndrome Ireland. When/if posting cheques can a note be put with them stating clearly “Rev-up4DSI 2015” and to which participants account they should be lodged against.

15. Can I choose my own room mate? Yes! On the online registration form there is a “nominate room mate” option where you can do so.

16. What insurance do I need? As per your normal everyday biking, your bike should meet all legal/mechanical requirements as dictated by law (i.e. tax, insurance, good state of repair/road worthiness).

17. What if I breakdown? At registration on the first morning of the event, you shall be issued with a card containing all the contact numbers for our team of breakdown vehicles, which will come and assist/collect you in the event of a breakdown.

18. If I have a long way to travel, will/can DSI help locate/book accommodation for me for the night prior to the event (Friday) and/or the night the event ends (Monday)? Yes! Aidan in Head Office has a prior arrangement with The Lucan Spa Hotel and will be only too happy to assist with your needs.

19. Receipts. If you require receipts to be issued by DSI for individual or corporate donations, it is a good idea, where possible to staple the persons business card to the cheque for ease of administration. Receipts will otherwise be made out to you.

20. Fundraising. Contact Aidan in DSI he can give you ideas and tips on how to raise your money. Also Aidan can organise additional sponsorship cards and promotional posters that you can use to promote a fundraising event.

It's a motorcycle event but I've done it a few times on the Lambretta and been welcomed with open arms, turning up on a small capacity 2stroke means you get treated with more respect, not less.
If you're bored with riding to the same old seaside resorts, getting pissed and riding home again I urge you to give this a go, if not then please consider sponsoring my entry this year.
http://www.mycharity.ie/event/martin_walkers_event/

Here's a link to the team two stroke facebook page and a few pics from previous years to tempt you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Two-Stroke/135172223197590

Thanks for looking, hope some of you can support Team Two Stroke and Down Syndrome Ireland in some way.
Cheers, Marty.
Marty ULC

Return to International Rallies & Events