LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dutch lions 2016

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Dutch lions 2016

Postby Wilson » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Can anyone tell please what driving license you need in Holland full or provincial,,as a few of us would like to attend their rally next year and any other information that would help us,cheers ,Wils.
Wilson

Re: Dutch lions 2016

Postby Toot » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Wilson wrote:Can anyone tell please what driving license you need in Holland full or provincial,,as a few of us would like to attend their rally next year and any other information that would help us,cheers ,Wils.

I'm fairly sure that it's more of an issue with your insurance, as they won't insure you to drive abroad if you don't have a full licence.
Toot

Postby Mel K » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:42 am

EU Drivers License
You must have all of the following documents with you when driving abroad. Failure to present them to traffic official on demand will result in a fine and may even have you parking your car on the roadside and walking!
A valid full driving licence (not provisional). Please note that you will be required to hold a Full Drivers Licence valid during the full duration of your stay whilst driving abroad.

You should also be aware that provisional licenses are only a national document and DO NOT ALLOW the holder to drive outside the territory of the issuing member state.

Generally all UK / EU driving licenses should be accepted including the older Green Style licence. However if taking an old licence you will need to ensure you have photo I.D with you at all times. We suggest that prior to driving abroad you apply for the new style licence which incorporates photographic I.D.

The original vehicle registration document V5 and if you can't get hold of the V5 then we would recommend that you obtain a document called a Vehicle on Hire Certificate also known as the VE103b from your Post Office.

Your motor insurance certificate.

Your passport
Mel K

Postby MickYork » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:56 am

Might be a bit of a myth but I was under the impression you had to have a FULL license for over 2 years and had to be over 21 years old. As said carry all original documents (photo copies no good) and check with your insurance company.
MickYork

Postby Gary Harwood » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:30 am

I ride abroad with a few of my mates on our Lambrettas every year - we have ridden in Italy, France, Belgium, Holland and Germany in the last few years and we always make sure we take our FULL driving licences, our passports, our original scooter registration certificates (V5C), our MOT certificates, our insurance certificates and, equally as important, our scooter recovery details and our mobile phones!!

Be prepared to show any or all of these documents if stopped.

By the way, four of us will also be going to the Dutch Lions SC rally on 19th/20th June 2016.
Gary Harwood

Postby Digger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 am

I wouldn't recommend taking original documents, with the quality of photocopiers these days it's possible to virtually replicate your vehicle related documents.

I had the misfortune to be knocked in France last month. A gave my plastic sleeve with my photocopied V5 and insurance note to one of the posse of gendarmes that were milling about. After 10 minutes, where not much at all seemed to happen (apart from more gendarmes and the pompiers arriving), they all buggered off leaving my documents with one of the passengers of the car that hit me. My wife had to wrestle them out of her hands.

No one asked for my passport and I don't have a photo ID license.
Digger

Postby nickw » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm very confused over changes made to bike licences as such. A friend does not have a bike license. He has been told he can ride up to 125cc in Italy and other European countries (Spain is one). He has booked a 'scooter' holiday in Italy next year. Apparently it all changed in 2013 under eec law. We are the only country where you need the cbt first. He also doesn't have to wear L plates as such because they don't have them (so I'm told) and because the 125cc rule is like our 50cc law on older full car licences and gives him full license. I argued this with him for ages but he showed me the website and I double checked it against other similar websites. Of course they provide the insurance.
nickw

Postby jonashford » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Tbh I wudnt worry u cud push ur scooter from the ferry to the Dutch lions site in 2 hours!
jonashford

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:03 am

Thanks for all the info,I thought you would have to take the original documents and not photo copy's,roll on next June,do you have to have a GB sticker on your scooter as I've got a 1961 s2 so won't have the new reg plate.thanks again Wils.
Wilson

Postby Nudger » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Wils,
You're 'supposed' to have a GB sticker & most of us put them on our mud flaps.
It would be bad luck to get pulled for this but it can happen.
Nudger

Return to International Rallies & Events