LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Euro Trips

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: Euro Trips

Postby soullad » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 pm

scootergirli wrote:
:shock: I still use a standard tank! ...and managed not to run out of fuel on the way home from Austria and avoid a police telling off on the motorway...ahem Soullad!!! :shock: :D

Harsh Linda, harsh ... I was only 800 M away from the garage, but seeing Marks face in the back of the Police car - #nothappy
soullad

Postby londonscottish » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:28 am

Eden wrote:Many of the F1 hotels are utter shit holes in my experience, I avoid them like the plague ;)

I'm always wary of a room with no bog. You just know it's not safe to wash your face in that sink. :geek:
londonscottish

Postby Storkfoot » Sat May 06, 2017 6:36 pm

The Adria trip of 2500 odd miles raises the old 2 stroke oil conundrum - how much do you take?

It's a couple of years since I have been to Europe but I am pretty certain I have managed to buy 2 stroke at service
Stations in Germany and Holland in the past. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Storkfoot

Postby Toot » Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Storkfoot wrote:The Adria trip of 2500 odd miles raises the old 2 stroke oil conundrum - how much do you take?

It's a couple of years since I have been to Europe but I am pretty certain I have managed to buy 2 stroke at service
Stations in Germany and Holland in the past. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

The LCGB Club Shop and Andy Francis will have plenty of oil between us to buy out in Adria ;)
Toot

Postby Storkfoot » Sat May 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Cheers, Toot.

I reckon I'll need four litres to get there but I'm thinking of only taking a couple of litres to keep weight down. That'll get me to somewhere in the German hinterland (hopefully)
Storkfoot

Postby Toot » Sat May 06, 2017 9:11 pm

I've always carried 250 miles per ltr of oil (TS1 at 4%). Plus an ltr extra just in case.

Sometimes it's more practical to carry a 4 ltr bottle than 4 x 1 ltr bottles.
Toot

Postby Timexit17 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:58 am

londonscottish wrote:
Eden wrote:Many of the F1 hotels are utter shit holes in my experience, I avoid them like the plague ;)

I'm always wary of a room with no bog. You just know it's not safe to wash your face in that sink. :geek:

Not to mention the power sockets it's damn near impossible to plug anything into.

The showers/bogs have music playing in them all night to prevent people sleeping in them too.

On the subject of oil -I've never found a better or more practical way of oil storage/dispensation than doing as Toot says (4/5 litre bottle) and the polini type individual measuring bottles (enough in them for 8 litres at 3% or 6 litres at 4%), so 4 or 5 of them are enough for most peoples daily fill ups, and then refill them from the large bottle when you stop for the day.

The Polini bottles are fairly small and can be distributed all over the scooter tool boxes etc.

A lot better than those dispensing oil bottles BGM do now with their pathetic 25ml at a time measures, I made the mistake of getting one of them recently, you'd have to sit at the pump for 10 minutes alone just putting the damn oil in!
Timexit17

Postby carlos fandango » Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Ive got my oil carrier sorted :) 5ltr in there ...and a friend is taking another 5ltr in a van :)
carlos fandango

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed May 17, 2017 8:14 am

carlos fandango wrote:Ive got my oil carrier sorted :) 5ltr in there ...and a friend is taking another 5ltr in a van :)

What happened to the " no back up van"?

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby carlos fandango » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 am

A friend is going with a van with their group .....not taveling with us .....meeting up in Adria .
carlos fandango

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am

carlos fandango wrote:A friend is going with a van with their group .....not taveling with us .....meeting up in Adria .

;)
Rich Oswald

Postby soulster22 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:32 pm

nothing wrong with taking a back up van, we do every year and it means that you can ride unencumbered with luggage etc which is a far more enjoyable experience in my opinion.

see you lot in Adria

regards Harry - Mercenary SC
soulster22

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 pm

soulster22 wrote:nothing wrong with taking a back up van, we do every year and it means that you can ride unencumbered with luggage etc which is a far more enjoyable experience in my opinion.

see you lot in Adria

regards Harry - Mercenary SC

Wasn't implying there was, in fact I would recommend it. It was just a bit of banter between myself and Carlos.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby hullygully » Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 am

steady Rich, go & have a fruity tea :D
hullygully

Previous

Return to International Rallies & Events