LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Euro Trips

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: Euro Trips

Postby xenia1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:27 pm

For me, stopping is when the copious amounts of caffeine ie 10 cans of red bull start to wear off :lol:
Can do CDS to Calais in one hit but caffiene does make the bladder work overtime.. :mrgreen:
xenia1

Postby Eden » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Scooterlam wrote:We've stayed in some fantastic places by just stopping when we had had enough.

ye same here, sod booking hotels, much more fun seeing where you end up when you have had enough for the day...or night for that mater.
Eden

Postby coaster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Eden wrote:
Scooterlam wrote:We've stayed in some fantastic places by just stopping when we had had enough.

ye same here, sod booking hotels, much more fun seeing where you end up when you have had enough for the day...or night for that mater.

Yep, myself and Storkfoot did exactly that last year instead of the Euro, we didn't even have a route planned let alone hotels :shock: Just met outside Rotterdam and made it up as we went along, booked into the first hotel in each town as the fancy took us 8-)
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Touring Europe without having to be anywhere specific that night is the best touring you can do, in my opinion.

Col, that night in Germany at that folklore festival was quality. Who'd have known we'd turn up in crazy town? I'd love to do it all again, just a map mind, no Satnav :-)

I have to say that negotiating the seven lane motorway going back in to the ferry port in Rotterdam, on a standard 200, was the scariest thing I have done on 2 wheels !
Storkfoot

Postby coaster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Storkfoot wrote:Touring Europe without having to be anywhere specific that night is the best touring you can do, in my opinion.

Col, that night in Germany at that folklore festival was quality. Who'd have known we'd turn up in crazy town? I'd love to do it all again, just a map mind, no Satnav :-)

I have to say that negotiating the seven lane motorway going back in to the ferry port in Rotterdam, on a standard 200, was the scariest thing I have done on 2 wheels !

Amen to that and that stretch of motorway is my least favourite piece of road ever.
coaster

Postby steveg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 am

coaster wrote:
Storkfoot wrote:Touring Europe without having to be anywhere specific that night is the best touring you can do, in my opinion.

Amen to that and that stretch of motorway is my least favourite piece of road ever.

I agree with all of that. Some of the best times I've had riding a scooter have been when we've turned up somewhere without any real expectations. Been to some fantastic places and had some great times.

That road to europort is horrible on a scooter
steveg

Postby Scooterlam » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:27 pm

along with random stops being some of the best places we stayed, finding pre-booked hotels have been some of the worse and most stressful experiences. 1 1/2 hour tour of Lille to find the Campinole, walk into reception and we were at Lille east rather than Lille west. Another hour finding the right one.
Or last years tour of Minhiem.

But if its 2017 the O.P is referring to things could be a lot different. I think Weeks said the club were trying to plan a mass start with meet ups on each evening. other clubs joining on route., A kind of "pied piper" tour.
Scooterlam

Postby Mr G in NYC » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:33 pm

^^^^^^ someone should film it 8-) Gonna be a Monster Classic !! G. ^^^^^^^
Mr G in NYC

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 pm

The more cameras the better... :) Logging it will be a proper weston mind ;) . The most H.C. I've managed is 28ish hours of footage edited down to a 60 min (back in the days of analogue linear editing) film. Reckon it would be possible to get some 'professionals' on board for this one... The mother of all roadtrips...
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Anthony Chard » Tue May 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm also about to start scootering again after 30 years out of the saddle! Have myself an Italian 150dl, shot blasted back to bare metal, re sprayed and have added an RB20. I have one question: With a 12 litre tank and a 4% oil mix (and, yes, I do appreciate this maybe high) how the hell do you carry enough oil to do a near 1500 mile round trip (I live in Cornwall)?
Anthony Chard

Postby Eden » Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Anthony Chard wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm also about to start scootering again after 30 years out of the saddle! Have myself an Italian 150dl, shot blasted back to bare metal, re sprayed and have added an RB20. I have one question: With a 12 litre tank and a 4% oil mix (and, yes, I do appreciate this maybe high) how the hell do you carry enough oil to do a near 1500 mile round trip (I live in Cornwall)?

Use fuel cans filled with oil and dispense from that into your normal oil bottles. 8 litres of oil goes a long way ;)
5 in the can and 3 bottles.

If you are getting 10 mile to a litre of fuel you will do over 2k miles on 8 litres. ;)
If when you have done half you expected miles and have less than half your oil left you can alternate fill ups using 3 and 4 % to make it go further but only if your not filling up from empty.
Eden

Postby Scooterlam » Tue May 10, 2016 5:50 pm

They also sell it on the continent. :D
Scooterlam

Postby Eden » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Scooterlam wrote:They also sell it on the continent. :D

ive never seen groundsman over there :lol:
Eden

Postby MickYork » Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 pm

use 2% and only take 4 litres :o
MickYork

Postby Toddy » Wed May 11, 2016 6:23 am

Eden wrote:
Scooterlam wrote:They also sell it on the continent. :D

ive never seen groundsman over there :lol:

Most good lawnmower dealers in Germany stock it ;)
Toddy

Postby millerboy1 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:12 am

its sold in sheffield,
millerboy1

Postby weeks » Tue May 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Always room somewhere on a Lambretta ;) ........... Many will still remember using standard tanks when doing the euros !! :shock:

Had a standard tank in this and spent from memory around 16 days messing around in France (Troyes Euro 94) .......... Some of our crowd managed most of the trip buying outboard 2 stroke oil without any hassle :)

weeks

Postby scootergirli » Tue May 17, 2016 10:12 pm

weeks wrote:........... Many will still remember using standard tanks when doing the euros !! :shock:

Had a standard tank in this and spent from memory around 16 days messing around in France (Troyes Euro 94) .......... Some of our crowd managed most of the trip buying outboard 2 stroke oil without any hassle :)

:shock: I still use a standard tank! ...and managed not to run out of fuel on the way home from Austria and avoid a police telling off on the motorway...ahem Soullad!!! :shock: :D
scootergirli

Postby Anthony Chard » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks, Everyone. Appreciate the feedback
Anthony Chard

Postby dan66 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:38 am

If you can't carry enough oil on the way out you can always buy some at rally for return
dan66

PreviousNext

Return to International Rallies & Events