LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

2015 events

Promote Rallies from around the world.

2015 events

Postby Deany » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Early I know.... But how about 2015's events dates are added below as and when announced? Try and create and easy to read list.
Deany

Re: 2015 events

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi Dean,

The BSRA events are not agreed until the end of season rally at Bridlington. Similarly, the LCGB events agree their calendar at the AGM in the new year. Neither of these calendars come about by accident, but as the result of negotiation with local councils, police, site owners, camp sites etc. this takes some considerable commitment from people giving up their time to make these arrangements.

The LCGB fit their dates in around the BSRA, so one set of dates must precede the other.

What you are asking for is for all these negotiations to be brought forward in order to accelerate the publication of the event dates. This is a big ask.

(Happy to be corrected on these details, but this is my understanding of how it works)
Knowledge

Postby Scooterlam » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:26 pm

A bit early yes, but a good idea one I had suggested before and likewise was shot down in flames.
A locked sticky with just when and where in chronological order.
We have a list of bsm and nationals but it doesn't include local club events.
The argument will be someone has to take the time to manage said list.
I voulentured but was never taken up.

Good luck
Scooterlam

Postby steveg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:55 pm

The BSM championship events take a huge amount of coordination to ensure that there a range of venues, established events and new events, club events and member rallies spread across the year. They have to be arranged so that they don't clash and give people the opportunity to attend each event. Also LCGB supports club events that are run for the benefit of our members rather than by promoters and we turn down numerous requests from people wanting to 'jump on the bandwagon'. It would be impossible for clubs/organisers just to post the dates they wanted to hold rallies if they want them included in the BSM. If they don't then fine they can chose when and where to host their events and when they want to publicise them.
steveg

Postby Scooterlam » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for that steve, but
not sure it awnser the guys question.
it really is just a format thing.
Scooterlam

Postby weeks » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Scooterlam wrote:A bit early yes, but a good idea one I had suggested before and likewise was shot down in flames.

I don't see how Martin shot anyone down in flames, what he stated was correct and all he seemed to me to be doing was politely explain the situation to the original poster.

Scooterlam wrote: A locked sticky with just when and where in chronological order.
We have a list of bsm and nationals but it doesn't include local club events.
The argument will be someone has to take the time to manage said list.
I voulentured but was never taken up.

Good luck

No argument needed really as you have stated yourself that it would need time to manage by a moderator or someone with admin facilities by the very nature of the thread being either locked or sticky or both as you suggest.

The list of BSM events ARE EVENTS SUPPORTED BY THE LCGB these events in my opinion SHOULD be given the most club attention ............. Especially here on our own facility.
I cant remember anyone ever removing or complaining if an actual member posted an advert for an event that clashed with any BSM event, BUT surely people can understand why the LCGB wouldn't want to openly advertise or push ANY event that clashed with any BSM rally that are all run by either an AFFILIATED club or NATIONAL SUPPORTED SCOOTERING ORGANISATION :?

Ive personally been sent numerous events that people wanted advertising either on the forum / main site or in Jet set, my usual response is simply get one of their LCGB MEMBERS to post the event here or send it to the relevant people .............. In the majority of cases the answer ive received is "We don't have any LCGB members" !!!!!!!!!! Need I say more :?

Nothing stopping you or anyone else collecting event data from wherever you can get it and post it in the relevant section on the forum if you wish to spend your time doing so, IF its as popular as you think then the thread shouldn't need to be made sticky as it should stay busy thus at the top of the page.
weeks

Postby Fat Trucker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 am

I`m guessing that Deany meant international rallies as he has posted this in the international rallies section, but I may be totally wrong again!!!
Fat Trucker

Postby Scooterlam » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:38 am

Nothing stopping you or anyone else collecting event data from wherever you can get it and post it in the relevant section on the forum if you wish to spend your time doing so, IF its as popular as you think then the thread shouldn't need to be made sticky as it should stay busy thus at the top of the page.

weeks

For it to stay at the top it require additional posts which would defeat the object of it being a simple to view list.
To move forwarard in a harmonious manner, I'll take this onboard and as and when this information becomes available I'll try and sort out a list.

Yours in scootering,
Scooterlam

Postby Deany » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Evening guys,

Nobody shot me down as far as I'm concerned. So all is good....

Although the answers ARE still relevant - my initial question was just concerning the International dates. EG, Cobblesoul, Dutch Lions, Venlo, Beatsugar, Paddy Smith etc. etc.

I would presume that these almost keep the same weekend each year and would therefore announce the date of the next years event pretty soon after said event. (though this doesn't seem to be the case).

On reflection I can see that they would be keen to fit around the BSRA and the LCGB etc... but surely not everybody waits until October to set their dates.

At present I'm soley thinking International.

At the moment I have no dates confirmed, so its a non starter for now.

Thanks for all replies.
Deany

Postby Scooterlam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

There's a Facebook page set up for European rallies when I get time I'll post a link
Scooterlam

Postby Scooterlam » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Scooter events in Europe and beyond (excluding UK and Ireland)
It's on face book .
Scooterlam

Postby Noddabodder » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:26 pm

For those who avoid Facebook like the plague what date is the Euro Lambretta next year?
Noddabodder

Postby Angry Bloke » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Noddabodder wrote:For those who avoid Facebook like the plague what date is the Euro Lambretta next year?

12th June weekend
Angry Bloke

Postby Noddabodder » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Many thanks AB.
Noddabodder

Postby Deany » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Does anyone know about cobblesoul 2015. Is it the last one and does anyone have a flyer or at least the date please?

Thanks
Deany

Postby carlos fandango » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 am

Usually the last weekend in April :)
carlos fandango

Postby Eden » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:00 am

24-26 April 2015
Eden

Postby Deany » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks very much for you responses guys!!

Much appreciated!
Deany

Postby Norm » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Cobblesoul cancelled :(

Just posted on their FB page:
IT'S WITH SADNESS WE HAVE TO CANCEL THE 2015 EDITION OF THE COBBLESOUL RALLY, DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE SITE WE USUALLY RENT. WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO FIND A NEW PLACE, SO SEE YOU ALL ON THE ROADS ON OTHER PLACES NEXT YEAR ! we'll work on organizing something totally new in 2016 ! merry xmas to you all ! xxx
Norm

Return to International Rallies & Events