LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Factory Gates

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Factory Gates

Postby Wee Mark » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello to the Hardcore!
Hoping to go to Milan on way back from Euro, has anyone been recently? are the Factory Gates still there? as I know there is a lot of demolition/Building going on at the Old site but I would still like to say I have riden my Scooter all the way home, thanks
Mark
Wee Mark

Re: Factory Gates

Postby xenia1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Theres very little left now mark, its mostly been demolished and new apartments built. The water tower is still there and a steel company occupy some of the old offices. Theres a monument with a S2 on a roundabout nearby but apart from that theres not much to suggest a co. the size of Innocenti were ever there as its mostly been turned over to new ind buildings. Its in the Lambrate area if you do decide to have a ride around there and id suggest just riding it into Italy is taking it home..
xenia1

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:35 pm

xenia1 wrote:Theres very little left now mark, its mostly been demolished and new apartments built. The water tower is still there and a steel company occupy some of the old offices. Theres a monument with a S2 on a roundabout nearby but apart from that theres not much to suggest a co. the size of Innocenti were ever there as its mostly been turned over to new ind buildings. Its in the Lambrate area if you do decide to have a ride around there and id suggest just riding it into Italy is taking it home..

It must have changed cosiderably then in the last 2 years Andy as the gates and front offices were all still there in 2014 when I went as were all the derilict production buildings,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby jonashford » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:35 pm

When we went on the way home from avignon it was a bit of a pig to find, first time us being there. The military had some buildings there there were some gates as well. we cudnt get inside either, at the risk of being stoned Ill say it was over rated!!!
jonashford

Postby xenia1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:58 pm

jonashford wrote: at the risk of being stoned Ill say it was over rated!!!

Ill risk being stoned as well... it is over rated, get there and you'll be thinking 'is this it'?? Oh well, done that, may as well get going then'..

Seriously though, if any one does want to pay homage all well and good, but theres not really much to see/do when you get there. Get to Milan central and drool over the totty instead.. :mrgreen:
xenia1

Postby Ranburetta » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Google Maps suggest the gates were still there in July (2016).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mil ... d9.1859243

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mil ... d9.1859243

And a brand new Porsche dealership on the other side of the dual carriageway suggests the area is on the up.
Ranburetta

Postby Wee Mark » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks Guys, i really do feel drawn to be sad (in both senses of the word :lol:) outside those gates!!! I understand that the Museum is not too far away so maybe we can do both
Cheers, hopefully catch up with a few of you in Adria
Mark
Wee Mark

Postby carlos fandango » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:18 am

Well worth going.... this was after the Swiss Euro :)
carlos fandango

Postby Sach » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 am

So did you get to the factory gates?
Sach

Postby jonashford » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 am

We went on the way back from Avignon, I have to admit I'm not very nostalgic. But Id advise you to not waste your time going. Each to they're own. But its just gates & weeds.
jonashford

Postby Jim Rose » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:23 pm

jonashford wrote:We went on the way back from Avignon, I have to admit I'm not very nostalgic. But Id advise you to not waste your time going. Each to they're own. But its just gates & weeds.

I'd have agreed with you till I went myself. I only went to greet Stephen and David Robinson as they finished their London / Milan run; I am glad that I did as I wandered into the old factory and got myself some souvenirs.
Jim Rose

Postby jonashford » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Jim Rose wrote:
jonashford wrote:We went on the way back from Avignon, I have to admit I'm not very nostalgic. But Id advise you to not waste your time going. Each to they're own. But its just gates & weeds.

I'd have agreed with you till I went myself. I only went to greet Stephen and David Robinson as they finished their London / Milan run; I am glad that I did as I wandered into the old factory and got myself some souvenirs.

Nice one Jim, I have a load of old bricks n tiles at my house, if you come to cleethorpes next week Ill bag them up for you matey? lol. Hope to see u there next weekend
jonashford

Postby Jim Rose » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:40 am

jonashford wrote: I am glad that I did as I wandered into the old factory and got myself some souvenirs.

Nice one Jim, I have a load of old bricks n tiles at my house, if you come to cleethorpes next week Ill bag them up for you matey? lol. Hope to see u there next weekend[/quote]

A kind offer but no bricks for me I got a cast iron valve / tap which I have mounted the Monza 70th anniversary plaque on. It looks good enough for my wife to allow me to hang on the wall in the house!

My next run out is Shipston so I see you there
Jim Rose

Postby john the upsetter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 am

Was with you you got that wheel Jim, i had just spent a while getting the old junction box off the wall which is going to be a top box for the Scooter
john the upsetter

Postby Jim Rose » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Good plan I look forward to seeing it
Jim Rose

Postby Simon ELC » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:03 am

Wee Mark,
Visiting the derelict factory was the highlight of my trip to Italy last Euro. I don't know why it just felt special. Riding over the Alps to my scooter's birthplace was special to me. My eleven riding companions felt the same also. The hole in the fence allowed us to photograph our scooters in the factory grounds. I suppose you either get it or you don't.
Simon ELC

Postby Wee Mark » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks all, make the factory!!!..........never even made Italy, we missed on connecting ferry in Barcelona :oops: but to be honest had a great time we did 500 miles across the Spanish Prynees , I rekon I can make 2027 LOL!!! It was my first Euro and my mates Series 2 never stopped heat seizing.....such is life as I say this is NOT over yet...
Wee Mark

Return to International Rallies & Events