LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lambretta World Rally

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: Lambretta World Rally

Postby soulster22 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Jim Rose wrote:I've not booked any travel arrangements of paid for any hotels yet for the Euro so with luck and a ever patient wife I may be able to do both! It will be a shame if I have to spend a week plus with nothing to do in Italy but ride my scooter and eat pasta; god life is cruel.

I'm with you Jim, and lets leave all of this political bollocks out of it. Here's to a couple of great events in Italy next year and I personally will be attending both!
soulster22

Postby northernbloke » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 pm

What xenia1 said.

Claiming that TS has nothing to do with this and it's down lambretta club of Lombardia is naive.

Why was this date chosen? From Tino his words 'May is a nice time to ride a lambretta' .

Reality is its just another rally so people can choose which they go too or do both but it's blatantly obvious to anyone that its an attempt to shove a stick in the spokes of Adria.

Most of us from the UK will struggle to do both so will have to make a choice.

I know for a fact the guys organising Adria chose it for the right reasons, the track owners at Adria are working closely with them to make sure everything is in place, even down to re seeding the grass areas for those camping. They have even thought about the majority audience and made sure they have an English speaking MC. They really want this to be a successful event and value the thoughts of the English contingent which is why they are focusing on trying to get the details right.
northernbloke

Postby Mel K » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:52 pm

soulster22 wrote:Good afternoon all,

now that Tino Sacchi has confirmed a date for the World Rally (Soulster22)
Mel K

Postby xenia1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Those who mention leaving politics out of it, it goes a lot deeper than just Italian politics, burying your head in the sand and ignoring will see next years Euro and possibly future ones compromised if this kind of conniving antics isnt addressed. While to some this may seem just another event in the calender the fact its been created by very deceitful and underhand ways is cause for concern and affects every european event going Lambretta enthusiast. The fact that false info was fed to the press by one of the posters on this very thread who just happens to be very close to the organisers of this so called world lambretta event in a vain attempt to scupper EuroLambretta at Adria is very much cause for concern imo.
Of course, everyone is free to go where they like and to attend any event likewise but im passionate about the Euros and think the event is one of the most important events in the year which brings together Lambretta owners and clubs alike from all over Europe and its an event very deserving of defending..
xenia1

Postby MickYork » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:37 am

LCGB don't seem to be making any comments, maybe left to those "in the know" to make comments on what's happening
MickYork

Postby Jim Rose » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:39 am

The Official Lambretta Euro Rally will be in Adria first weekend in June 2017 and I plan to attend. Now there is another rally two weeks before in Monza which I would also like to go to and I'll see if I can fit it in. My priority will be Adria.

Why there are two rallies so close together (in dates and location) is of little concern to me.

At first glance the Monza weekend will be a lot cheaper for me than Adria as there are plenty of cheap hotel within walking distance of the racetrack
Jim Rose

Previous

Return to International Rallies & Events